Source 2 sdk

(Yes, I know that no one knows about it, and I will get a lot of trolling in my direction, but no one canceled the discussion)

Do you think it’s worth waiting for SDK source 2 at all? In a year, in two years? What do you think about this? Does the community have a chance for this? Perhaps after the release of a new game from valve or a port of csgo to Source 2, we will be able to get a new answer from valve whether we should wait for the sdk or not. If you look at it gets and improves the tools in Source 2, it is even possible that we will be able to create open worlds, but let’s not guess.

1 Like

We got the Source 2 SDK a bit after Half-Life: Alyx released, and S&box has a modernised version of those too.

1 Like

i feel like im too stupid to be a part of these forums
what is an sdk

1 Like

Huge simplification, but it’s the software development kit, it’s what the developers use to develop in a game, if they release it, it allows for easier modding on part of the community.

Source 2 SDK are the tools that they released with HL:A, it also comes with S&box and the devs are working hard on making it better.

1 Like

oh thank you

1 Like

That’s true, but still, do you think we have a chance of getting the sdk from valve someday?

1 Like

I don’t see why they would, they make their engine just for their games and I doubt it would be better than what S&box has.

1 Like

utter nutter

1 Like