Source Mod material question a bit.

So I’m making this small source mod that I would like to later send to a few people and you know, be cool n’shit.
Anyways I have realized that making a mod in source has lately become an even bigger ass than it normally was. I used the setup tutorial from Here, afterwards I found a problem with missing elements something, and found that the only working fix is running hammer from the folder of the-now-being-modded-game (read Half-Life 2, because the tut said so), where if I’m using the configuration from the tutorial I get a load of errors when compiling, but using hl2 configuration (in tools -> options) I can still run the maps in my mod, so I’m fine with it.
Moving on I am now thinking of adding a self-made texture into the game, so I make it the perfect format, add the vmt[have some experience with models so I can guarantee they are both good], put it in mymod/materials and…I can’t find it in hammer. Mean it’s no surprise since I’m working hl2’s hammer, and when I run the mod’s hammer (broken one, but I can see the textures) the texture appears no problemo.

Now here are my questions:

1. How can I (if I can) add a path to the hl2 hammer so it will see the textures, models, scripts etc. from the mod folder?
  2. If keeping in mind the fact that my mod is a hl2:ep2 mod (source 2007), for which the maps are being made with hl2’s hammer, than if one day I’d like someone else to play it, he in order to run it properly would have to have both hl2 and hl2:ep2 installed?
  3. Most important…am I doing this the right way? Because I’m quite green to mapping in source, and for now this is the only thing that doesn’t produce (major) errors.

Thankyouforyourtimepleasehelp.

1. FGD
  2. Only if the game uses hl2 and hl2:ep2 content. (He would still need a source game, as it’s a mod)
  3. Whatever works

Thanks for the answer.
I’ve read the FGT dectription in the link above but…bit embarrassing…I don’t get it. I can’t find any lines in hl2’s fgt files that would allow me to add a path for my new one. Bit assistance here?

[editline]5th September 2014[/editline]

Okay I don’t know what the hell happened but I started hammer hl2 and…the texture is there perfectly.

Another update. So the material error doesn’t occur when using the mods configuration in tools/options, so for a complete fix I need to repair the compiler…or whatever needs compiling.
My error can be clearly seen in the compiling window:

** Executing...
** Command: "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\sourcesdk\bin\source2009\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect" "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect\maps\start8.vmf"

* Could not execute the command:
   "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\sourcesdk\bin\source2009\bin\vbsp.exe" -game "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect" "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect\maps\start8.vmf"
* Windows gave the error message:
   "Odmowa dostępu."

** Executing...
** Command: "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\sourcesdk\bin\source2009\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect" "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect\maps\start8"

"E:\Steam\steamapps\common\sourcesdk\bin\source2009\bin\vvis.exe" -game "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect" "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect\maps\start8"
   "Odmowa dostępu."

** Executing...
** Command: "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\sourcesdk\bin\source2009\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -both -game "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect" "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect\maps\start8"

"E:\Steam\steamapps\common\sourcesdk\bin\source2009\bin\vrad.exe" -both -game "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect" "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect\maps\start8"
   "Odmowa dostępu."

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect\maps\start8.bsp" "E:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Insect\maps.\start8.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "Nie można odnaleźć określonego pliku."

I have a polish computer:
“Odmowa Dostępu” = Access denied
“Nie można odnaleźć…” = Can’t find the file