Source SDK help

Source SDK problems
I downloaded Source SDK yesterday. For about 2 hours i messed around with hammer trying to learn how it works. Then i got off. When I got back on today there were issues. Once hammer loaded I chose new and the windows popped up. The 3d windows I had were black and i couldnt move around in them. The 2d windows were blank with no grid. Also at first i couldnt do anything at all. I couldnt make brushes, mess with buttons, or anything like that. Eventually I could but now in the 2d windows it showed images of the last window (internet explorer) i had up. This problem persists still even though i turned off the computer for an hour and then tried again. I really want to get started with map building and things like that but right now hammer just wont work. I didnt change any settings either. If someone could help it would be really nice.

Use the 2009 Source Engine. Simply change it at the bottom of SDK when it open’s.

i have the 2009 source engine and its what im using. Hammer still wont work though. I have also tried changing it from garrysmod to css. Even then it continues to do it.

Did you make the configs yourself or use the default ones?

I used default configs. I did use a tutorial for how to get gmod set as a game however. It didnt involve configs though.