Spam bot flood in the wiki

i like the linking the wiki accounts to
steam idea because

i love the gmod wiki…

also i didn’t know that if you got banned that you couldn’t make a different account…
i think mine is broken though my post count hasn’t gone up in like 2 months :ohdear:

I think the creation of new user accounts should be disabled until garry gets around to linking the wiki accounts to steam accounts.

Next week… valve time.

Uhm, as a temporary fix, all new articles contain the keyword “Job” or “Jobs”, could this word just be blacklisted for now?

DarkRP.

Who the fuck cares about DarkRP?

Because… DarkRP Section needs the word job and jobs.

People obviously care if it’s so commonly mentioned.

Besides, I did not tell anyone to delete all articles with “job” in their name, I asked to block all NEW articles with it in their name.

I understood that much myself, but you know that if you do, someone will come around asking why the wiki is yelling at them for creating a page.
Personally, I think that if DarkRP has a section of the wiki for itself, they should just create two pages for jobs; default and user-made.

I don’t even get why stuff like darkrp is on the official gmod wiki… , its that hard to set up a own wiki.

In my opinion the wiki should only document stuff that is actually in the game and not addons / other gamemodes.

I understood that much myself, but you know that if you do, someone will come around asking why the wiki is yelling at them for creating a page.
Personally, I think that if DarkRP has a section of the wiki for itself, they should just create two pages for jobs; default and user-made.

I agree on some level there, it’s really not hard to set up, say, a section on Wikia.

We’re going offtopic, lets stop here.

Well, I think that one big wiki is better than hundred of small wikis where you have to re-register every time you want to write a comment/edit mistakes. But maybe garry should really make one wiki only with game-included stuff and lua and another one for third-party-stuff.

Sure.
Want a job in Kuwait? I know a guy.

Registering is temporary disabled until I can fix this properly (I’m sick right now)

[editline]4th February 2011[/editline]

I don’t see why it should make a difference as long as it’s organised properly. It;s like asking Wikipedia to make a different wiki for fictional and non fictional stuff.

That’s true. And it’s well organized (I think.)
So, the registrations will only be possible with a Steam-Account in the future? Or will you delete all old users and force everyone to login with the steam account?

The wiki needs a serious kick in the face.

Why is everything in coloured boxes. What’s wrong with lists like a real wiki? It just looks awful and it confuses your brain when you try to use it. There’s too much choice. What do I read first? Remove choices, make it simple for people. Here’s the difference.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3590255/Bits/Fretta%20-%20GMod%20Wiki.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3590255/Bits/Fretta%20-%20GMod%20Wiki-new.png

I love you man.

V - gaybows

At least they fixed the boxes displaying correctly in opera…