"Entries"
    {
        "1"
        {
            "models/renamon/renamon2009.mdl"
        }
    }
}

This is in an addon folder, under settings\spawnlist\Digimon.txt. In-game, the spawn menu doesn’t work. There are no spawnicons and I can’t spawn any models.

This is an error that shows up in the console:

KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got ] in key in file settings/spawnlist/digimon.txt
SpawnMenu, Entries, 1,

And it was just. Working. Yesterday. :argh:

Try copying it (the spawnlist) from your addons to the main settings/spawnlist folder, maybe its got corrupted or something.

Nope. Still not working. :sigh:

copy and paste it onto a new notebook page then put in your settings/spawnmenu folder and rename it to “renamon MDL 09”
i had this problem before i done this it worked for me
i hope it works.

settings/spawnlist very important you get it right ^^

So, you mean rename the filename? I just tried that and it didn’t work.

I think I fixed the error in the console. My spawn menu looks like this now:

"SpawnMenu"
{
    "Information"
    {
        "version"   "1"
        "name"      "Digimon"
    }
    "Entries"
    {
        "1"         "models\renamon\renamon2009.mdl"
    }
}

The file is Digimon.txt and is in settings\spawnlist under my addon folder. So, I’m not getting the error in the console anymore, but the spawn menu itself doesn’t work and there’s no spawnicon. I don’t think anything is wrong with the model itself since I can spawn that fine through the Browse menu. Plus the NPCs and playermodel also work.

Try this:

"1"
{
	"Information"
	{
		"name"		"[Digimon] Digimon"
	}
	"Entries"
	{
		"1"
		{
			"model"	"models\renamon\renamon2009.mdl"
		}
	}
}

As if nothing is showing at all (but the spawnlist catagory is there), then its the same problem as the other format people keep insisting on using that doesn’t work.

I’ll try this. I am getting the spawnlist category, and there is an icon inside it. The icon is blank though, and clicking it does nothing.

ok thats not good that suggests somethings up with the model :S does it load in Crafty? (thats how I always check between an issue with the model and the game).

I’ve never tried Crafty. But it loads perfectly in-game and I can access it through the Browse tab so I don’t know what problem the model could possibly have.

I said before that the spawn menu used to work. I think what I changed was the model’s name and the spawn menu’s name. Before the model was renamon.mdl, the spawn menu file’s name was Renamon.txt, and the menu name inside the file was “Renamon.” Since then I’ve changed the model’s name to renamon2009.mdl (by recompiling), the menu file’s name to Digimon.txt, and the menu’s name to Digimon.

humm, the name of the spawnlist makes no difference (i’ve got many of different types of naming and they all work fine), the name of the model just has to be the name of the model, doesn’t matter what format it is other than that :S and the list name can be whatever you want (unless you did this “Digimon” then I think it might implode but i’ve not tried).

So you tried the spawnlist I put and it didn’t work? (Thats a first btw @.@) I’m not sure whats up with this :S I’d ask you to send me it to try out and see if I can fix it for you but I doubt you’d want that.

Edit: is the auto-dumber back?

Actually, no, I hadn’t gotten around to trying out your code.

I tried it and it…worked. I changed “[Digimon] Digimon” to plain “Digimon” and it still worked. Thanks.

But seriously. My space invader models never gave me this kind of crap.

Ah good told you that format never fails :stuck_out_tongue: The “[Digimon]” thing is just my catagorisation system to make finding things sifting though the 100s of spawnlists I have much easier :slight_smile:

Glad to help :smiley: