Ok so i had an idea and my idea came to me when i wanted to be able to have weapons or npc’s spawn on a map when it loads but not have to place those spawn points in hammer. So my idea was that i want to make a map spawning system in lua. And it would work like this:
- Load the map u want to add spawn-able stuff to.
- Use gmod menu to place the models or npc’s and sweps (the swep models so they can be picked up by the player)
- Use this STOOL to record the location of the models or npc’s or sweps
- Save the data/information to a lua file or other type
- Use the saved lua file/code to load the said locations for the items in said map and when said map is loaded spawn the items
- The whole reason for this stool is so that u can make single player maps without using hammer instead use a noob friendly gmod version coded in lua.
I am not experienced in lua so if someone would post some code to give me a head start so i can see what it should look like then please do.
Mainly i want to be able to make sweps spawn-able without having to screw around in hammer.
Any one have any information