Speculation on the default player models for S&Box

So for the longest time, I’ve been curious about the potential player models that we could potentially see being the default for S&Box. And considering that it’s been confirmed that S&Box won’t feature any Half-Life: Alyx or Source assets, I believe that considering that how long the playermodels from Wiseguys have been used during S&Box’s development for testing + being the model recently used to test a new character controller, I think we can expect to see the player models from what used to be Wiseguys being used as the default player model/s for Sandbox.

It might be a stretch but that’s what I reckon, what do you guys think?

1 Like

Feel like like GMod it’ll be a mix of whatever the fuck, probably have some Rust models in there too or something, scientists and such.

1 Like

I think Facepunch will develop a completely new set of assets for s&box - or maybe they will go with the Wiseguys theme

1 Like

That might most likely be the case as during S&Box’s development back when it was being developed in UE4, they did also use the Rust models a lot for testing as well as the Wiseguys models.

Bring big clit terry back!

Don’t think they’ll include any Rust assets, but I think Tub/Wiseguys assets will make it in, they might adopt their “importers/mounters” logic and just let players mount other games content, as long as you own it.

1 Like

Yeah, Rust models probably wouldn’t be the best to use unless there was a nudity setting much like Rust haha

1 Like

That too, but I don’t think FP would want to release assets of a game that’s very much in an active development.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s fair.

1 Like

They have a team of mega talented artists. I wouldn’t worry about it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nah, there’s no worries, I’m just curious as to what they’ll come up with and/or whether or not we may see the appearance of models from Wiseguys.

They’ve actually got quite a bunch of assets that work with the Citizens (wiseguys) models. Including clothing and a bunch of other stuff. I don’t see why they won’t include it, considering that wiseguys was shelved with a bunch of their other projects.

I also suspect they’ll actually make some models specifically for s&box, and include a bunch of generic ones from Rust, why remake things you’ve already made?

1 Like

Well, I’m hoping that the default player model won’t define the direction the entire artistic aspect of the game follows, I’m hoping it’ll be just a model and only that.

3 Likes

I think someone said something about wanting to make their own assets instead of the wiseguys stuff.

what do yall mean with wiseguys model, sorry im not to well informed on this

The ones garry is using in their development at the moment:

Here’s the WiseGuys model for reference:

ahh ok in that case, I hope they stick with rust assets without nudity of course or make some new ones.

1 Like

I think the default playermodel will be different for every default gamemode. I feel like Wiseguys will probably make it into the final game but I’m not sure about default. I feel like the wiseguys model is way too “chunky” to be a default playermodel, if you know what I mean.

2 Likes

i think FP will start working on their own assets for it, maybe a mix of rust and HL models. it’s totally up to them in the end.

1 Like