Version 1.3 (alpha)
With great power comes great FUN! Imagine being able to zip through the air on a thread like the human spider of Marvel fame… Imagine no more! Introducing SpiderMod for Garry’s Mod. Based on the PS2 game, Spiderman 2, this gamemode gives you the power to really enjoy those massive tall maps like “huegcity” or “gm_simplicity”. Run, jump, swing and dive your way through parts of the map that normal mingebags can’t even hope to reach!
NEW!!! Version 1.3a YouTUBE Demo Video NEW!!!
Version 1.3a Wallcrawling Preview YouTUBE Video
Version 1.2 YouTUBE Video
Version 1.0 YouTUBE Video
- Webslinging - not the pull-you-in kind, the real Spidey deal - jump and shoot a web line - start swinging to build up speed! Jump from the peak of your acceleration arc to launch yourself up into the sky… or at unsuspecting foes… but be careful - your range is not unlimited, and that can lead to some panicky moments with Spider-damage…
- Wallcrawling - press USE on any world surface greater than 45 degrees and you can crawl or run up, down and around it til your heart’s content. Set up ultra-sneaky sniper spots… Bolt up a wall and let go just in time to sail over the roof top… Hang upside down from a bridge, waiting for just the right moment to toss a 'nade…
- Spider-speed - walk and run as fast as spiderman himself!
- Spider-jump - Press and hold the jump key to charge your jump and release to take to the air. Hold the sprint key while releasing to perform a spider-LONG-jump. Try charging your jump while swinging - timing is essential, but not hard to master - you’ll be zipping through the sky before you know it! NEW!! Now you can bound from wall to wall as well!
- Spider-damage - what kind of world would it be if you could take a dive from the Empire State building and live to talk about it? A BORING one! Damage has been scaled (falling only) to match the PS2 game - watch how far you fall, now…
PATCHES (be sure to get these as they become available):
UPDATED 2009-05-03 (you only need the one patch from 1.3a - just copy over the top)
NEW! What do YOU WANT in Spidermod???
Known Issues (I know about them and will attempt to fix them asap):
- Wallcrawling player world models may appear to be slightly away from the surface that they are attached to (this is an AABB issue - I am working on it)
- Shooting at a wallcrawling player doesn’t always hit them - again, an AABB issue. Working on it
- Wallcrawling player world models may not always seem to look at their target directly (hitnormal rotational issue)
- Starting a wall-crawl in a narrow alley may cause the player to get stuck in a wall (related to first issue)
- The webslinging hand occasionally sticks (stays out in front) - if you can reproduce this 100% of the time, please tell me what your criteria is
- Please report any other issues on this forum thread (cheers)
Version 1.3.2 (alpha with patch)
- Added Jumping from wall crawl
- Added alternating left/right websling
- Added motion blur when falling at a damaging speed
- Fixed Strider Cannon destroys wcam entity
Version 1.3.1 (alpha with patch)
- Fixed C4 spin forever bug (thanks again PwnTra1n)
- Added strafe controls to wall crawling
Version 1.3 (alpha)
- Added basic wallcrawling
- Fixed ERROR shadow appearing beneath webstrand in high sunlight (thanks PwnTra1n)
- Added Custom View Models with true Spider-mation (left hand only for now)
- Added PS2-borrowed Sound Effects
- Changed web line to xbeam (white) to be more web-like
- Thinned the web line a little
- Other minor cleanups and enhancements
- Removed +spiderjump console command and the necessity to bind to it - jumps are now done using the regular jump key
- Initial Release
Download the compressed archive and extract it to your garrysmod\garrysmod directory (the spidermod folder should reside in the gamemodes directory). When hosting a map, choose “spidermod” gamemode instead of “sandbox” gamemode.
Best Maps to play on: