SRCDS + CentOS 5 All fixes broken in last update.

The last VALVe update (a day or so ago) seems to have broken some of the fixes that Azu posted for linux.

Since I have CentOS 5 (and I can’t update to 6 easily), and it doesn’t ship with Glibc 2.7 (It ships with 2.5), I cannot host an SRCDS server normally. I was using the replacement server.so, that someone provided, for a couple of weeks before which seemed to work nicely. After the update something seems to have broken.

The server crashes after a player joins. (A couple of seconds after the client switches to “Sending Client Info…”)
This is all that is outputted before the server restarts itself:

Client "Zachar" connected.
PreMinidumpCallback: updating dump comment
Uploading dump (in-process) [proxy '']
/tmp/dumps/crash_20111015224656_1.dmp
success = yes

Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Sat Oct 15 22:48:01 EDT 2011: Server restart in 10 seconds

Adding -debug outputs this to debug.log:

----------------------------------------------
CRASH: Sat Oct 15 17:24:25 EDT 2011
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -console -game garrysmod +map gm_flatgrass +maxplayers 6 -debug
End of Source crash report
----------------------------------------------

My Dump: http://dumps.garrysmod.com/?view=1708763310

Is anyone else having this issue? Has anyone been able to fix this?

the simple answer is that you simply can’t run a GMod server on CentOS, it uses outdated glibc and probably won’t update for a while now

This is exactly why that after the last update I switched to Ubuntu, this was only inevitable and the fix was meant to only buy time until you could switch.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I have some work ahead of me.

Note this, the Linux servers have trouble coping with cars, so be wary in till you find a fix.

I have the same problem here, unfortuantly my VPS host several websites and I can’t easily switch to an other OS. It would be great if Valve compile with glibc 2.5.