Srcds command prompt won't open anymore

I was running a server on my fast xp computer, but now I can’t even open the srcds program. I didn’t do **anything **to it. All I did was install CSS to C:\srcds\orangebox

On server checker it says,

STATUS
             starting up...

But it doesn’t come up. It then says “OK” then it just resets and goes to starting up… again.

For my batch file, in case the server crashes and needs to restart automatically, says

“Windows cannot find ‘srcds.exe’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.”

When I triple checked all file names and locations.

Also, when I start my server checker program, you can see for a split second in the task bar the srcds program, but it just gets canceled some how.

Did you copy the cstrike folder to orangebox or the srcds.exe, bin folder and all other files from the CSS install to the orangebox folder?

What you should have done is copy the “cstrike” folder into your orangebox folder, or copy the cstrike\materials, models, sounds … into the orangebox\garrysmod\addons\counter-strike folder.

I don’t understand

You can’t install counterstrike to the orangebox directory, it overwrites the engine files for the orangebox with the old source base files from HL2. Run a ‘-update orangebox -verify_all’ on hldsupdate tool and that should fix it.

Where should your “cstrike” folder be? And slayer, that didn’t fix it… I open the update tool then it closes…

Go to C:, and SHIFT + Right click on the “srcds” folder, then click on “Open Command Window Here”. Then type in this command:

hldsupdatetool -update orangebox -verify_all

By the way, if you’re looking to install CS:S content on your server, do the same step above (SHIFT + Right Click > Open Command Window Here), then type in this:

hldsupdatetool -command update -game “Counter-Strike Source” -dir C:\srcds

I can’t open the command prop using the right click method as there is no option for the “Open command window here”.

I just noticed that when I changed the location of where my srcds was in my crash script batch file, it was able to find it, but the srcds window kept closing and opening really fast. Srcds cannot stay open.

I also notice that in my orangebox folder, theres a shitload of what I suspect are error files, ending with a .MDMP.

Heres a few of their names:

Steam__570557__2010_2_18T20_16_40C156.mdmp
Steam__570557__2010_2_18T20_51_33C171.mdmp
Steam__570557__2010_2_20T3_28_4C125.mdmp

There is at least 500 error files.

Try opening up Command Prompt from Start > Accessories > Command Prompt, then type in:

C:\srcds\hldsupdatetool (command goes here)

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner>C:\srcds\hldsupdatetool -update orangebox
 -verify_all
WARNING! Using deprecated syntax! Run tool without commands to see new syntax
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Cannot open output file '-verify_all/InstallRecord.blob'

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner>

I notice it says “Run tool without commands”. I have tried that and it just closes after saying “Check bootstrapper version”

I appreciate your help