Steam version uses wrong GPU.

Hello, since I’ve two GPUs - One INTEL HD GRAPHICS, and other - GTX660M, and the game runs like shit honestly, I dug through the game files, and found this:

Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (ID=0x166)
Vendor: Intel
VRAM: 1990 MB

How can I force game to use GTX instead of HD Graphics? I’m using steam version btw.

You can do it in the nvidia control panel in the 3d configuration. Find what .exe is the game using and point it in the 3d configuration panel to use the nvidia dedicated card.

We used to disable the integrated graphics as a device in Windows and plug directly into the graphics card.

But the thing is that is a laptop that has an hybrid GPU system with only one plug so you can’t do that. The hybrid GPU is to reduce battery usage when using programs that doesn’t require an exhaustive use of the gpu.

Nvidia control panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Program Settings -> Add or Select program to customize -> rust -> Select the preferred graphics processor for this program: your nvida gpu -> Apply.

You can also inprove performance by changing power management mode to ‘‘Prefer maximum performance’’ and other things. :slight_smile:

Have you installed the driver for your card you need to set it so it uses the GTX card instead of the HD4000.Go to http://www.geforce.co.uk/ and download the GeForce Experience.Hopes this helps :slight_smile: