SteamCMD Workshop DL and resource.addfile help

I looked for other forum sections but im still not sure if this is the right section for THIS topic.

Issue #1
Anyway, the gamemode has reached a point where I need to test things on a dedicated server. Things are going fine with myself but when I had a friend try an join he said that the player models were errors. Now I have gone through some of the tutorials and have done what Garry posted on the wiki but alas the workshop content doesn’t seem to download.

Issue #2
I cant get ANYBODY to download any of the maps due to a max filesize issue. They are NOT on workshop because they are from Gamebanana and thus have not been uploaded. I have however made a “resource.AddFile” entry for the map but to no avail.

For those who need it, here is some of my server code.

C:\SRCDS\Garrysmod_Server\garrysmod\lua\autorun\ressources.lua

resource.AddFile("maps/gxm_testing.bsp")
resource.AddFile("maps/dm_cloudcity.bsp")
resource.AddFile("maps/dm_neon.bsp")

C:\SRCDS\Garrysmod_Server\Launch.bat

srcds -autoupdate -authkey [HIDDEN] +host_workshop_collection 193357656 -console -game garrysmod +maxplayers 12 +gamemode gxm +map gxm_testing +sv_lan 0

C:\SRCDS\Garrysmod_Server\garrysmod\cfg\server.cfg

hostname "Rens GXM server|WIP|Custom stuff|Workshop DL"
sv_contact [HIDDEN]
sv_region 1
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allowupload 1
sv_kickerrornum 0

steamCMD error

Client "Renamon Toast Crunch" connected (75.111.205.143:27006).
CreateFragmentsFromFile: 'maps/dm_cloudcity.bsp' size exceeds net_maxfilesize limit (16 MB).
Dropped Renamon Toast Crunch from server (Disconnect by user.)

The map(s) that are from Gamebana are
dm_cloudcity
dm_neon

My workshop collection that clients SHOULD be downloading
GXM required content

1. resources.lua should be in lua/autorun/server
  2. sv_allowdownload and sv_allowupload should be 0.
  3. You should be linking to your FastDL server using sv_downloadurl “http://www.myurlhere.com/GMod/
  4. You must use resource.AddWorkshop to make the host download workshop files. +host_workshop_collection only hosts the content on your server. resource.AddWorkshop doesn’t support collections so you’ll have to do it addon-by-addon. Lastly, resource.AddWorkshop can go in resources.lua with your AddFile entires.
  1. You do NOT put maps with resource.AddFile
  2. Add this to your server config: net_maxfilesize 64

Thankyou both. Testing soon.

[editline]5th December 2013[/editline]

Worked, thankyou Facepunch!

[editline]5th December 2013[/editline]

Well shit, it ALMOST worked. Everything is fine except for downloading the maps from FastDL. I set up a Dropbox (Based on a tutorial whom the person says he does that) and edited the server.cfg but the maps wont download!

C:\SRCDS\Garrysmod_Server\garrysmod\cfg\server.cfg

hostname "Rens GXM server | WIP | Custom stuff | FastDL"
sv_contact "[HIDDEN]"
sv_region 1
sv_allowdownload 0
sv_allowupload 0
sv_kickerrornum 0
net_maxfilesize 64 
sv_downloadurl "https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ug7lyk68yowbyq/c7Acf5eiQp"

Dropbox
Dropbox FastDL

Your FastDL has to be directory relative to common/garrysmood/garrysmod, meaning you’d have to make a directory with a folder called “maps” that contains all your maps.

Hey thanks, I just looked up a Dropbox tut for FastDL and got my answer.