Steamworks doesn't register content from workshop until after trying to download

Hopefully someone here can help.

I have a Unity game, with an in-game content downloader and uploader that connects to the Steam workshop. I’ve uploaded several test items.

When trying to download, my downloader finds all the items in the workshop, names, authors, etc, but the Ugc.Item.Size registers as 0, even though I can look at it on the workshop and see it’s like 50KB. Attempting to download said item fails, and then, after trying to download it, if I refresh, the item now has the appropriate size and will download seamlessly.

Thing is, if I try to download the “zero size” item, it will in fact download to my computer. Like I can sit there and watch it show up in my explorer window. But even if my async download function has a while loop that’s constantly checking that folder, it just wont see it until the SECOND time I attempt to download it.

Is there any reason that a query would fail to register workshop content even though it’s fully uploaded on the workshop? Here’s my relevant code snippet if it helps, though it’s pretty basic.

async void SearchSteamForDesigns(string filter, int page)
    {
        try
        {
            var query = Steamworks.Ugc.Query.Items.MatchAnyTag();
            if (filter == "MOST RECENT")
            {
                query = query.RankedByPublicationDate();
            }
            else if (filter == "TOP RATED")
            {
                query = query.RankedByVotesUp();
            }
            else if (filter == "MY SUBSCRIBED")
            {
                query = query.WhereUserSubscribed();
            }
            var results = await query.GetPageAsync(page);
            if (results.HasValue)
            {
                PopulateDesignsList(results);
            }           
        }
        catch
        {
            //failed
        }
    }

void PopulateDesignsList(Steamworks.Ugc.ResultPage? results)
    {
        foreach (Steamworks.Ugc.Item entry in results.Value.Entries)
        {
            //Make list of entries
        }
    }