Still having Hammer errors...

When I create a map in Hammer, I make sure it’s completely air-tight. I add my player and light entities.

Hammer only seems to save in RMF and MAP format, not VMF. So I save in RMF. After that, I try running the map. It compiles, and the ONLY error is that it is not creating the BSP.

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (May 19 2009)
4 threads
materialPath: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\materials
Error opening C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est.vmf: File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est.vmf, line 1: No such file or directory.

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (May 19 2009)
4 threads
reading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est.bsp
Error opening c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (May 19 2009)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
4 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[39 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est.bsp
Error opening c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est.bsp" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\innermobius\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	est.bsp"

Also, it seems to be referencing test.vmf, which doesn’t exist either, because it doesn’t let me SAVE as VMF.

Anyone know what’s wrong?

[Sorry, updated.]

save your map, you best be trolling

I’m not trolling… as I said, saving my map only lets it save as RMF or MAP… and when I compile it, it REALLY doesn’t have a VMF or BSP.

ok then what version of hammer are yoyu using?
You may want to try the one included in Source SDK under the tools in steam

I am… version 4.1, I checked.

You aren’t using SDK hammer if you can’t save as VMF.

:confused:

It’s the only Hammer I got. Didn’t download it seperate from the Source SDK, they came together. So yeah, I am.

The player entity also has the glasses and beard like Freeman does. Pretty sure that means it’s SDK…

[editline]10:32PM[/editline]

Wow. Fixed it easily once I saw the problem… maybe others can learn from this simpleton mistake.

As you can see in the above picture, Map Type was set to Half Life 1… haha.

Current problem, though:

Spawning below the floor, even though the spawn entity is above it.

Make sure the spawn isn’t intersecting anything.