Still trying to get a model into garrys mod. Stuck again- few simple questions

Hello forum, I’ve been trying to get my own model into garrys mod for a few days now, and heres how far I’ve gotten:

-I made my .obj
-Turned that obj into a qc and a smd with obj-2-smd
-got GUIstudiomdl_2.2 and set my appropriate paths
-tried fooling around with the .qc options based on google threads in an attempt to get the compilation to work, using this as a basic template.

$modelname “models\subdir\Thing.mdl”
$cdmaterials “subdir”
$scale 1
$surfaceprop “metal”
$sequence idle “Thing.smd” fps 1
$collisionmodel “Thing.smd” {
$mass 100.0
$inertia 1.00
$damping 0.00
$rotdamping 0.00
}

anyways, this is where I get a bit confused. I am aware that I need to make the models\subdir folder, but where do I make them at? “C://models\subdir”? “guistudiomdl\models\subdir”? I’ve tried these locations for models\subdir among other locations and cannot get it to work.

here is my command output:

GUIStudioMDL 2.2/Source - © 2007 Neil ‘Jed’ Jedrzejewski - http://www.wunderboy.org/
Added
game config - “Garry’s Mod”
Loaded QC file - “C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Garrys Mod Folder\SMDs and QCs\Thing.qc”
Created command line: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\0motnahp0\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\studiomdl.exe” -game “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\0motnahp0\garrysmod\garrysmod” -notxbox “C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Garrys Mod Folder\SMDs and QCs\Thing.qc”
qdir: “c:\users\mike\desktop\garrys mod folder\smds and qcs”
gamedir: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\0motnahp0\garrysmod\garrysmod”
g_path: “Thing”
Working on “Thing.qc”
SMD MODEL Thing.smd
ERROR: ‘EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION’ (assert: 1)
ERROR: Aborted Processing on ‘models\subdir\Thing.mdl’

Any help would be appreciated.

… I have a feeling this will not be the last time I come on this forum asking for help importing a model into garrys mod. :frowning:

Try fixing that space in your game directory.