Version 2 is released! It’s a complete remake of the tool.
What is it?
Stop Motion Helper is a tool that is designed to help with making stop motion animations in Garry’s Mod. It can save the state of ragdolls and props into frames and animate between them.
Why should I use it?
There are many reasons.
- You can make linear transitions between two positions, and also ease them in and out
- You can store ragdoll and prop positions into frames, so you don’t have to make screenshots right away
- You can save all of your recorded frames, so you can come back to your project, change things, and render it again
- You can use it in any ragdoll posing situation to store different poses of your ragdolls
What’s new in version 2?
- Frames are now stored seperately for each entity, so they are not locked to all entities
- Frames are positioned in a timeline, very similar to 3D animation programs, which makes frame manipulation much more easier and fluid
- There’s a save/load system that works
- The tool is much more stable now
How do I use it?
Follow the tutorial.
Bug reporting and links
You can report issues either here or on the Workshop page.