For some months ago, I decided to create a sequel to my mod “StormFox”.
The original code was slow, messy, had bugs and was unoptimized.
StormFox 2 is a complete rewrite, faster, module-based and has additional features than the original.
Some of the features:
- Rain / Effects on windows, including world-brushes and some StaticProps models:
- Day/Night cycle and logic_relay support.
- Solid Ice on water and water-overlay effects
- Clientside time, date and temperature format. Including kelvin and 8 other temperature units.
- BSP parser now works with TF2 LZMA-compressed maps.
OpenWeathermap API for real-time weather update.
Any much more …
Beta is out: ( Do note that there might be bugs, as it is still in beta )
Github: GitHub - Nak2/StormFox2
I do plan to support gamemode interactions. Including turning features on/off depending on the settings.