Strange Blue Triangles

Whenever I play the maps:
gm_construct,
gm_simplicity,
gm_warzone_v3-1,
I get these weird blue triangles following me everywhere.
They’re very anoying as they wreck the textures, and take away the “dark” shadowy effect from dark rooms.
I have a few pictures of what they look like on gm_construct here:

Here they are:

In zoom:

They’re not in the white room:

They ruin the dark room:

I think, due to the way that they seem to follow me, that they’re clientside. But don’t take my word for it.
They aren’t in EVERY map, but they do cover a lot of them, not just the ones listed.
Anyone have any suggestions to how I could fix this?

Post your computer specifications!

Yep! Sorry, forgot about that lol.
Bit complicated though, I run a MacBook with crossover games to use gmod. However, this only started a few months ago, I used to be able to play gm_construct and the other maps fine.
My macbook is as follows:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: Display
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x27a2
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes

What addons do you have?

How hot has your computer been getting while playing gmod? This is mainly an issue with playing games on a windows partition (where there is no fan control) rather than something like crossover, but it would still be good to know, especially if your MacBook has ever shut off while playing, seemingly randomly.

list addons please. i also suggest you take advantage of this error by playing a gamemode where seeing in the dark helps.

Bleugh

This in conjunction with what was posted about your motherboard possibly overheating is the likely cause.

Ummm, well my laptop run’s perfectly when I am playing gmod, I play it in windowed mode, and I chat with other people through clients like msn, skype, iChat, etc. While checking my emails and playing other games online lol. No heat comes off it either.

Addons… Addons… vast amount, this could take a minute lol.
I’ll list all of the folders within my addons folder:

Adv Duplicator;
Adv. Teleporter;
advanced spawner;
all_constraints_remover;
Anti-NoClip;
Atlantis Models;
Buoyancy Tool;
catdaemon_stargate;
Conna’s Tools Pack;
counter-strike;
CrateMaker;
Cubesystems_Supergate;
day-of-defeat;
default_sent_pack;
depthhud;
derma;
Dismemberment 1.7;
DoorSTool;
EasyPrecision;
F117;
fun_prop_ghost;
GDO;
gm_flatgrass_airport;
gm_mobenix_v3_final;
gmdm_resources;
gravity;
HAAX_Swep;
Harpoon;
hl2_ep2;
keypad;
Map Icons;
Mckay;
mckaysg;
moarCombinev1;
Nuke 7;
Nuke 7_1;
Nuke 7_2;
Nuke 7_3;
Parachute;
Parachute Z Edition;
phx2;
portal;
Puddle Jumper;
Replicator AI;
SGA;
shielder;
Smart_Constraint;
smart_welding;
smartsnap;
Spawn Icons;
Stacker STool;
stargate;
stargate_resources;
Swep Bases;
TeleportationTool;
tf2;
Unbreakable;
universe_gate;
WeightSTool;
weldball;
wire;
wire model pack 1;
WireUnofficial;
zeno_clash;

Whew, thought that would never end!
Hope this helps, greatly…

Remove all your addons and see if it works. If it does, you know the bad addon is not in that group, If it doesn’t then you know the bad addon must be in that group. Keep doing this until you’ve narrowed it down and found the back addons. Then simply remove it.

Okay, i’ll try now.

Hey, just wondering, but what exactly could an addon do to make this happen?

maybe trying renaming your gmod folder and then reinstalling. This might tell you if the addons are ruining the gameplay.

You see, since it’s something that FOLLOWS you, then it’s probably an addon related with your hud.

I see that you use one of those custom huds. Try removing all the custom huds addons you have. Only those.

And how an addon can cause it? Well, man, addons inflicts directly on the game code. There are files that loads together with your gmod. and if it’s bad coded or having trouble to work together with another addons, weird things like these can happen.

So as i said, try removing ONLY hud-related addons. May work.

Thanks SOOO Much!

Nope, I removed EVERYTHING from my addons folder.
(gmod loaded faster XD)
And they’re still there.
Did i mention that they weren’t there when i got gmod a few years ago. But only started around the last year.

Right click on garrysmod -> properties -> set launch options -> paste in “-dxlevel 80” no quotes

Nope, didn’t work.

Yeah after reading your specs. I had a feeling it might not, this most likely is a graphical issue, 2 ghz processor, and 64 MB video card ain’t ganna get you the best performance in garrysmod. Your graphics card might be fried, or over heating. Can you run other games like, Hl2 Ep2, just fine?

Well, I only have Portal, and Stargate TLS, Portal is fine, but gets a bit laggy towards the end.
Stargate TLS however has the same problem, but with orange squares. So maybe your right, I did used to be able to play gmod without the blue things, and the comp isn’t hot when playing though.

When u say fried, is there a way i might go about fixing that eg: is it possible to buy a new one or something?

If you are using a laptop, I am afraid not, there is external graphic cards, but you might be better off getting a new laptop.