Strange flashing brushes in Map

In my map, in this one place, a random strange texture-looking thing appears. How do i get rid of this?

Is it because i have so many errors in my console?

all of them being:

Material (Material) is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!

or

Too many vertex format changes in frame.  Too many world materials and/or env_cubemaps

How do I fix this? (and what is a world material?)

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/3602/redonemap0028.jpg

Might be that the texture applied to that brush is Model texture, in which case you need to replace the texture with a non model texture.

Which brush? i just want to get rid of that giant black thing that appears in my game.

fail…

3d skybox?

A 3D skybox only draws where there is the toolsskybox material. It wouldn’t intrude in there like that. It may have something to do with texturing, but other than that I don’t know.

Well, if it IS because of texturing, what do i change the brushes to that are getting the material error? I was told that make sure none of the error’ed textured were prop or model textures, but 99% of them aren’t. They’re just regular textures, plaster, brick, concrete, wall, etc. nothing that SHOULD be giving me these errors, so why is it giving me those errors?

you mean that random black thing that looks like its cutting through a few walls?

im going out on a limb, probably a big limb, but could it be Artifacts?

I don’t know… and it’s bugging me, i have no idea what it is.

If it were artifacts it would not be appearing every time he loaded up the map.

Here are some more pictures, Now, my console is spazzing out with errors, like flashing the same errors over and over.

http://img24.imageshack.us/i/redonemap0030.jpg/

rld materials and/or env_cubemaps
Too many vertex format changes in frame.  Too many world materials and/or env_cubemaps
Material maps/redonemap/concrete/concretefloor039a_-728_-2265_-1041 is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material maps/redonemap/concrete/concretefloor033c_1322_1525_-503 is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material maps/redonemap/tile/tileroof004a_c17_-728_-2265_-1041 is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material metal/metalstair002a is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material nature/gravelfloor004a is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material nature/gravelfloor004a is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050i is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050h is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050g is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050j is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050k is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material maps/redonemap/concrete/concretefloor039a_-728_-2265_-1041 is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material maps/redonemap/concrete/concretefloor033c_1322_1525_-503 is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material maps/redonemap/tile/tileroof004a_c17_-728_-2265_-1041 is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material metal/metalstair002a is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050i is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050h is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050g is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050j is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material stone/stonewall050k is being applied to a model, you need $model=1 in the .vmt file!
Material metal/metalstair00

Anyone?

I think it’s a faulty model. What you should try is make a copy of your vmf and delete every model in it, then compile it to see if the problem’s still there.

Or you could just use visgroups to hide all the props. Much quicker.

OK, so hide all props, see if it’s still there, Will do.

Use less materials and cubemaps.

cubemaps as in env_cubemaps?

Yes