Strange Problem: Jumbled letters

System Hardware Specs:

• Proccesor: Intel Core 2 CPU E7400 @2.80GHz
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
  • Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit

Okay, so about a week ago i got a new graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series) and a new hard drive. I have been running two hard drives for a few days now and have been playing Gmod on my old hard drive smoothly without problems. After moving my Steam folder over to the other hard drive, Gmod has gone strange… After being on a server for around 5 minutes, when i try to chat the letters jumble up and Q will become A and W becomes a comma. It’s not something that only i can see, everyone else can see it too, but if someone else types something, it is fine. Also there is a line that appears at the start of the chat box which looks like this |. (Say:|)

I thought that the reason why it did this was because i moved my folder across instead of properly installing it through STEAM. After reinstalling gmod i found that it still does it. I have no idea why it does this and i can’t seem to find anyone with any similar problems. This problem only happens in GMod and doesn’t occur in Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source or any other Steam games that i have.

Please help.
Thanks.

Try deleting local content via steam?

I did that when i reinstalled my Gmod. I deleted local content and then i removed the Garrysmod folder.

I don’t entirely realize what you’re saying but if you are still running 2 hard drives, be
sure to remove Garry’s Mod from both drives.