Strange Problem

After playing for any longer than about 20 minutes my game will suddenly change and do this:

My PC specs are:

Manufacturer:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Processor:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory:
4094MB RAM

Hard Drive:
307 GB

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

Monitor:
Generic PnP Monitor

Sound Card:
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Speakers/Headphones:

Keyboard:
USB Root Hub

Mouse:
USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface:

Operating System:
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)

Motherboard:

Computer Case:

BTW I tried to lower the settings but as you can see here it didn’t change anything…

Your GPU is probably overheating.

Download HWmonitor Pro, then check the temperatures while this is happening.

It happened to my HP Pavilion DV5 when it still worked.
The GPU was at 105c, which isn’t very healthy.

I monitored the temperature - it was only 65c so that’s not it. Please help me find the solution.

looks like you’re missing textures, or GM can’t find them. Make sure that the HL2 HUD font exists, and try removing any custom HUD addons you might have. I know that thing in the top right is from one of the server management addons, I just can’t remember which one.

Do you think that a reinstall would help?

might not even need it. Do you use a server management addon? if so, reinstall that. Also, go to Garrysmod>Resource and see if a file named HL2MP.ttf is there. If not, copy it from the GCF. If all else fails, check for new graphics drivers (all drivers for that matter), and reinstall if it still won’t work.

Nope, at least not actively. I did try dling a management addon a while ago but gave up on because it was too complicated.

then remove the management addon. I had a similar problem where GMod had video artifacts and seemed to forget all the fonts, turned out i needed a GFX driver update, and the fact that I hibernate my PC, causing me to have an uptime of ~ a week. Straight.

HLDS is that a server management addon that would do this?

I dunno, But i know that the server management addon Jazzy Gaming has uses that little box in the upper-left & right-hand corners.

I removed the HLDS and it didn’t change anything.

did it remove the boxes in the Upper-hand corners?

No it did not.