Strange "Twitching" effect when viewing own player model using cameras/thirdperson

Me and my brother have recently come up with what we thought would be a funny idea for a sort of machinima based around SAS soldiers. Because we have two computers connected over a router, we decided that we would use cameras and the thirdperson command to try and record some shots of both of us for our “movie” on a LAN server hosted by me. However, after placing a camera and standing in front of it, we found a very annoying bug/glitch which caused the owner of the camera’s player model to start twitching whenever he looked left, right, up or down. The other player model was fine.

The player model would, when trying to look up, would sort of twitch up and down, whilst slowly moving into the correct position. Of course, in a “movie” like the one we had in mind it would look incredibly unprofessional and of a very low quality. If there is a way to fix this, we would greatly appreciate it if you informed us of how to do so.

I have tried the RT Camera, the regular camera, third person, and even some other cameras, such as the Moving Camera tool.

I have attempted to search these forums for an answer, but unfortunately nothing that was even closely related came up.

This issue only seems to appear on a LAN server, but it doesn’t seem to matter if the player using the camera is the host or not.

Computer specs don’t seem to be a factor in this, as my computer is far newer and faster than my brother’s (and yet we are both affected equally), but I’ll post both sets here just in case they do:

My specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P5N-E SLI
RAM: 4GB (4*1GB) @ 800MHz
Graphics Card: GeForce 8800GT with 1024MB memory
Processor: Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

My brother’s specs:
Motherboard: AMD-VIA K7VT4A Pro
RAM: 512MB (1*512MB) @ 200MHz
Graphics Card: GeForce 5500 FX with 128MB memory
Processor: AMD Sempron @ 1.8GHz

As I have stated earlier in this thread, if there is indeed a way to fix this, we would greatly appreciate your help on the matter.

Thanks in advance for your time and help,

Dark_RoguE

I don’t really understand. So when you move in front of a camera it lags?

Your brothers computer specs are pretty crap, but It should still run Gmod on lower settings ok.

The problem is a sort of “lag” but the FPS remains at a fairly normal level (around 110-200, depending upon the map). If I spawn a camera and stand in front of it with my brother and we both move our mouses around, my player model starts to try and look around very slowly with very jerky movements, whilst my brother’s model looks around at the correct speed. The same happens for my brother’s player model if he makes a camera and we move around. However, if we look at each other, we both move around smoothly. It just seems to be an issue with a camera and the owner of the camera.

And yea, my brother’s specs are quite bad - I had a similar comupter until I recently upgraded to my new machine - but he can run Gmod with all the settings on low with somewhere in the region of 15-50 FPS

I have the same problem… I can’t figure it out however it only seemed to start once I began downloading addons. I never noticed this problem for the first few days I was first playing with gmod.

I believe its just GMod, it happens to a lot of people i think.