Strider cannon??

Ok so everyone knows the strider and its mega powered cannon. Well in gmod when i spawn it all it does is use it’s ar2 machine gun thing. While i can live without it I still want the awesome cannon that comes with it. Otherwise its just a apc and not a tank if you know what I mean :confused:

unfortunately, That is a scripted sequence that mappers have to make the strider do manually.

ah thank you very much

He’s talking about the strider NPC itself, and how it won’t use its cannon, not the strider cannon in general.

Anyways, it’s possible to make the strider fire at things through the use of ent_fire:

1: Spawn a strider, and look at it.  Open console with your crosshair on the strider, and type "sv_cheats 1" followed by "ent_setname strider" (Note: You only have to type "sv_cheats 1" once per session, if you didn't know that already.  To be safe, I'm assuming you don't, though you probably do)
2: Set your crosshair on the object you want fried, and type "ent_setname target" in console
3: Type "ent_fire strider setcannontarget target" in console, and watch as the strider (hopefully) fries your target

For general ease, it’s recommended you bind those commands in quotes to a key.

Thank you!