Studio Compiler & MDL Decompiler error!

I have both of the dll files required vstdlib.dll & tier0.dll (I did have to download them)

But when I start either of them I get the same message

The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) Press OK to terminate the program

I have installed them too

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin

I need HELP

Thanks in advance

After several attempts to fix it I think I have gotten a bit closer, only, now the error is the renowned error.

The procedure entry point Q_vsnprintf could not be located in the dynamic library vstdlib.dll

The problem is, it is in the correct directory

Please help, all suggestions welcome!

Does anyone know of any other MDL decompilers/compilers or editors

Where did you download these files.
Try GCFScape and get the dlls out of the sourcesdk.gcf in your steamapps folder

I downloaded them straight from Cannonfodders website, MDL Decompiler works now, & I have yet another error for studio compiler

cannot load C:…\bin\ep1\bin\filesystem_steam.dll

I am trying some solutions, they might work, It’s taken up 2 days of my time already, & I won’t give up!

Ok, none of them worked.

I’m afraid I can’t help you with studio compiler.

Just use guistudiomdl

Wow thanks man! I really hope it works

EDIT - I get the same error

To fix the filesystem_steam.dll error, either try updating/refreshing the SDK content, or restarting Steam.

Already tried :frowning:

Is there any way to put them into the .gcf files for your games? Then I might be able to edit the .mdl files through sdk’s model viewer.

I’m trying to turn a ragdoll into a player model, & need to put the animation files into the .mdl to give it animations, I also have to check if it is on the citizen skeleton, that is my goal. My lua works fine, but I am stuck trying to give them animation.

I just can’t win, In an attempt to fix one, I break the other, & fail completely

10 billionth error - The procedure entry point Q_StripLastDir could not be located in the dynamic library vstdlib.dll

I really am stuck for ideas. I’m back at square 1 too.

EDIT - MDL Decompiler works again, I get the filesystem_steam.dll error again for Studio Compiler