StudioCompiler can't finish compiling.

Maybe someone could help me out here. When I try to compile in StudioCompiler, I get this error.

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/SourceSDK/bin/ep1/bin/studiomdl.exe -game “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod” “C:\Users\Computer\CD95F661A5C411AFB2CCABCD21A325B3.TMP\c\hl2ts2\models nb\citizens\decompiled 0.19\male_09.qc”
qdir: “c:\users\computer\cd95f661a5c411afb2ccabcd21a325b3.tmp\c\hl2ts2\models nb\citizens\decompiled
0.19”
gamedir: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod”
g_path:
“male_09”
Working on “male_09.qc”
SMD MODEL male_09_reference.smd
VTA MODEL male_09.vta
WARNING:
unknown studio command “//”
ERROR: c:\users\computer\cd95f661a5c411afb2ccabcd21a325b3.tmp\c\hl2ts2\models nb\citizens\decompiled
0.19\male_09.qc(106): - Rule for unknown flex
ERROR: Aborted Processing on ‘tnb\citizens\male_09.mdl’

StudioMDL Thread complete

Any help would be appreciated. If you point something out to me, please do it nicely as I am still pretty new to this.
Thanks.

The error is pointing to your QC, but that’s about all I can tell you right now. Would you mind posting your QC – preferrably via a pastebin link or in code tags?

It’s an edit of the Taco n’ Banana HL2TS2 model set. :slight_smile:
Basically, all I did was add in Line 197, an extra bodygroup.
studio “male_09_combine_elite_torso.smd”

It’s most likely because none of the face flexes are actually being defined with the VTA. Line 14 does nothing but list the defaultflex whereas lines 17 - 176 start dealing with face flexes that were never defined. Even though you only changed 2 lines, this model has been decompiled; you’re often going to break something.

I put together a new QC for you which you can download [here](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25812766/NEW QC.rar). I don’t have all of the files you do so I can’t test it to ensure it works, but it should be easier to deal with (hopefully). If you plan on working on the model any more, you may wish to also move all of the bodygroups into their own folders along with editing variants.qci to support that.

If this QC doesn’t work, send me the rest of the Source files and I’ll mess with it so it does work and send it back. Otherwise you can stick to what you have, but remove the additional face flex code or at least fix it if the VTA still works. If you try the latter, the face flex QCIs included in the download come from the Valve reference files, so feel free to make use of those.

It’s crazy, because these models don’t even support faceposing. I think it is the VTA code, because I didn’t compile these back into any VTA’s, just SMD’s. But that was only because there were no VTA codes when I first decompiled em. I’ll try your .qc, thanks.

If the VTA is broken, you’d be better off just removing all face flex code for now, or copying it to a backup file.