StudioCompiler does not want to run.

I get this error whenever I try to open studiocompiler

StudioCompiler.exe- Entry Point Not Found
The Procedure entry point Q_vsnprintf could not be located in the dynamic link library vstdlib.dll

I have sourcesdk, sourcesdkbase, and sourcesdkbase orange box. The latter was just to see if that would fix this issue. Any ideas?

BTW: I installed the exe into my username/sourcesdk/bin folder.

Move it into username\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin

After doing this, I am now getting a gameinfo.txt error.

The 211 thing? or the one like here?

Well I got it fixed, but it won’t do anything with l4d (Version 48 or something) models. So I am stuck anyways.

I fixed the issue with L4D models by opening the main MDL file with XVI32 and setting IDST0 to IDST,

You’ll need the older version of mdldecompiler (0.4.1 I think) to decompile L4D models and the newer version to get the VTA files (confusing i know). You will also have to edit the IDST thing aswell yes.

Got it to work, but now I need help with this:

http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.php?p=17972547&postcount=30

Okay I’m getting the 211 thing that Silver Spirit talked about. How do you fix this?

Open your gameinfo.txt in your garrysmod/garrysmod folder with notepad (or any other text editor) and change the part that says “211” to “-211” and save it. That should fix it. You will have to do this everytime after you load GMod though as it is regenerated as new.

There is a perminent fix detailed in this quote (who I can’t remember who posted it):

But I can’t find the steamappid line in the hex code myself :S So I just do it the easy way ^^