Stylization Practice

Over the last two days I’ve been practicing stylized asset design to be prepared for the vanilla look of S&Box ( If that will be final )
So far I’m happy with the results as it’s the first time I’ve tried a stylized look.
I plan to further create an asset every day for a month currently perhaps I’ll further expand that if I so desire.
The assets I plan to create will probably be a mix of stylizing old Hl2 assets such as the cactus I’ve created, and also creating more original designs that benefit the style of S&Box.
Who knows, I may touch up some old Dav0r assets from Gmod!

15 Likes

Day 1.

18 Likes

Day 2.

25 Likes

Pretty cool, I had the idea a while back to start remaking HL2 assets in the stylized toon style of Tub/Wiseguys that they got going on, remake the most iconic props.

2 Likes

Your edges are sharp mate x

1 Like

These models look great, nice work

2 Likes

Well, these were older variations before that debacle.

2 Likes

It’s so detailed. I love it. Great job! :+1:

2 Likes

These models look phenomenal. I actually really like the chair. Great work! :+1:

3 Likes

I wish I could model this good, nice job!

3 Likes

Today’s prop! Still needs a bit more work on the textures and normal. However my collection is growing! !

7 Likes

How were you able to gain access to S&Box to make these models? I would totally love to start making models in S&Box too if possible.

1 Like

Oh no, I don’t have access to S&Box. I’m currently using the Half-life:Alyx branch of source 2.

1 Like

Interesting, and you are able to playtest things without VR?

1 Like

Yep. Really useful.

1 Like

Added some physics and gibs to the props today as well. A bit janky, but so fun to play with.

Here is the full list. I know none of it is that useful to know but I like telling people.

Fixed Garry’s provided Modeldoc preset for Terry. Originally when it was given, it had been set to a different branch of source 2 and wouldn’t work in Alyx so I manually fixed it up

All my props so far have physics, the radiator was scaled and is now skinnier.

Gibs for the chair and Cacti. - Janky but really fun.

Spawners in my own little variation of the test map shown in the devlogs.

And now, 20 minutes of uncut garbage. https://youtu.be/Inid9bkFaRY

3 Likes

Day 4, FurnitureTable001a but new.

7 Likes

These are incredibly impressive with only a day to make them. Are you doing all the texturing yourself as well?

1 Like

That table looks gross as fuck. :smile:
Should make a table that goes alongside the first chair you made, should be same wood and style.

Still cool though, keep it up.

1 Like

Do your items need to be ready with one style, or with several?

1 Like