Suggestion menu that sends message to email address?

Hello guys,

I am looking for a way to create a suggestion menu for my ttt server. Basically what I would want to happen is that the players would have the ability to type a command, let’s say “!suggest” for example. Once the player types that, a “Name” bar and a "suggestion bar pop up. They could write what they wanted and their message gets sent to an email address. Now understand I’m not asking for the source code, (unless it already exists, then by all means paste the source code). However, I am quite unfamiliar with creating menus and physical, viewable, things (the menu for example). I usually just fiddle around with Pre-existing files and blocks of code. If this comes off as milking devs to do a project for me that’s not what I’m getting at as I would like to do this myself more than I’d like a random person to waste their time coding for me (when it’s my job). Any help is appreciated!

Here’s a chat-command system: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/tutoring/chat_commands/chat_commands.lua.html

which turns all !.. and /… into executed console commands. ! is public, and / is hidden. There is more than one example. One just redirects ! and / typed into chat to the !<name> console command. The second example adds a prefix / post-fix and a helper-function which works exactly like concommand.Add but is chat.AddCommand which simply runs concommand.Add with the prefix and postfix of the command…

For the suggestion menu, it may be easiest to just open a DFrame with a DHTML or HTML panel parented to it, and use an online form, or at least a .php mailer to accept the input from the form because from what I gather, gmod doesn’t support e-mailing. Here’s an MOTD which opens a DPanel ( which is like a DFrame, but without the buttons at the top right, and title-bar ): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/tutoring/vgui/motd.lua.html – which can serve as an example of how to load html into a window.

The other way would just be to create a DFrame, with a DTextEntry to write the comment and DButton to send it off. For this to work, you’d need to network it to the server, and use either a dll mailer plugin ( if one exists ), or import it into an SQL database which your webserver has access to wherein your webserver checks it every so often OR you load a page which processes currently inserted messages ).

The first way is less hassle and more direct because the HTML can either be a URL, or HTML text with the form…

Thank you very much!