Super DOF gives a black screen

hi fellow players. i have a problem of getting a big black screen as soon as i enable super DOF. i’ve googled the problem but haven’t been able to find a working solution. tried turning off multicore rendering but no avail. i also tried other graphic configs like low texture and model details etc. too. everything goes black except the superdof dialog.

i tried validating game files too. they’re okay.

i am running on a 2013 early MBP with 1 gb geforce GT650M + intel hd4000. i don’t have any else graphical artifacts/glitches except this one.

i appreciate your help and time. thanks:)

Put -dxlevel 95 in your startup parameters.

tried that but did not change the dxlevel. also checked the mat_dxlevel in console, it says the min value is 90, the max value is 92. i know my card is 11.1 compatible.

[editline]10th July 2013[/editline]

also i’ve read some 2011 and 2012 posts that superdof was incompatible with macs back then. also i think the dxlevel value limit problem is because of the operating system that i’m using.

i learnt that the directx is locked to dx9 on mac OSX. i would love to have some feedback from the gmod players on a mac. since this problem is not addressed in the net, i think it might be only my problem.