Surfaceproperties of Bouncy Ball?

Just wanted to ask a quick question, what surfaceproperties does the bouncy ball use?

Since I am unable to add in surface properties, that’s the closest to what I need. But I have no idea what it uses!

You can literally just look up the source code for it yourself:

I had no idea where the ball was. I checked models, but I couldn’t see it.

Hmm, it seems to suggest it’s metal_bouncy, though the balls don’t sound metal, and that surfaceprop is not nearly as bouncy as the balls themselves?

You mean that bounce? https://github.com/garrynewman/garrysmod/blob/master/garrysmod/lua/entities/sent_ball.lua#L96-L119

Ah, so it’s lua code that does that.
Is there any way to make it apply to specific props_physics props? I have a prop_physics I want to give these properties to, but I don’t know any lua coding at all!

get the entity object of that specific prop, and apply the function to it.

I literally have no lua coding experience at all, so I’ve no idea how to do that. :S

The most lua experience I’ve had is trying to get my addons to work in the Gmod environment, with particles, downloading workshop items etc.

What I need to know, is what do I do to that code to make it apply to, for example, “models/kizzycocoa/prop_ball.mdl”? do I just cut out the highlighted section, reword it, and put it into a lua folder? will that auto-run?

Also, will that work in other gamemodes, such as Murder, TTT and Slender?