SWEP accuracy cone values (Tested)

Edited:

(User was banned for this post ("Predicting moderation, flaming in earlier posts, etc." - mahalis))

People please follow Flubadoo’s maths for calculation… I am lazy to explain anymore

Hammer can’t get to 1000m…
Also, why did you do this? The cones are direct translations of an angle and with some math its really easy to figure out what to set it as…

Edited:

(User was banned for this post ("Predicting moderation, flaming in earlier posts, etc." - mahalis))

Is that gm_flatgrass? If so, then its only 550 meters max. The highest possible is around 700 meters. Also, you could’ve just used math rather than do excruciating tests.

Edited:

What’s the point of this

I think hes just trying to look like a smart ass.

Its not that drastic…
I just don’t think he realized that we already pretty much knew this stuff and we didn’t really need to know even if we didn’t.
Me might be trying to be nice?
:unsmith:

Edited:

Use tan.

The distance is 1000 metres. If you want the angle, it’s inverse tan of (1.5 inches in metres)/1000.

Which is tan-1(0.000375), which is 0.215 (rounded to 3dp) degrees.
Is that okay?

Should be arctan(3/80,000), divided by… 180? (Not sure is the accuracy cone represents a a portion of 180 or 360 degrees) Assuming 3 in. is 7.5 cm.

[editline]11:44AM[/editline]

:ninja:

Oh math, When have you ever failed us.

When you divide by zero. :v:

Once a mathematical theorem is acknowledged as true, it is true forever. :unsmith:

Set it to zero.

Easiest possible value. No one will ever notice that tiny 3 inch cone. We don’t need measurements that precise, especially when the scaling in the game and engine is messed up.

lol phx plates to measure distance

The limit of 1/x as x goes to zero.
Infinity.

:w00t:

WRONG.

Common misconception.

Edited:

The limit of 1/x as x decreases IS infinity though