Swep base to end all swep bases.

I’m a programmer at heart, and I wanted to learn LUA script and enjoy the bounty that it brings. Unfortunately, I’m currently at the level of ‘finding and replacing values blindly’ in my quest for knowledge.

I figured I’d fiddle around with a SWEP base to discover the magical functions known only to everyone but me. However, I was not able to find a SWEP base that
A) Actually worked.
B) Did not constantly abuse and berate the English language.
C) Was commented nicely.

The most promising bases I found was the ‘Realistic SWEP base’ (Which was very nicely commented but seemed to have some sort of crippling bug) and the ‘TWMCSWEP’ base, which was amazing at first glance, but had both a problem in the script and a broken download link.

Resigned to my fate that I might never learn these secrets, I slunk away, defeated. Until I remembered the kind community members could help me.

I’m not sure how much of my faith is misplaced though, as the community generally seems to like berating each other.

I can assure you I have no intentions of creating ‘mingesweps’ or ‘5-second sweps’ for any reason other than personal enjoyment, and I will CERTAINTY not place any created SWEPS on GMOD or Facepunch.

TL;DR : I would like a SWEP base that works, is easy to customize, has many enableable features and values to tweak, and is commented. Thus far I have not been able to find one.

(EDIT) Features I am interested in include :
Disabling the weapon whilst walking,
Simple zoom / Scope
Creation of unique ammo types (if possible!)
Custom particle effects for impact and muzzle flash?
Custom tracers?
Custom texture applied to hit objects? (Such as the bullet holes that most weapons create)

Thank you, faceless facepunchers, in advance for your generosity and time.

This does not need to be a new base! Old swep bases that work are fine too, but I haven’t been able to find any.

Very fantastic! I will check that out! Thank you!

In the meantime, I think It’s about impossible to have too many bases, so if anyone else wishes to contribute, I’d love it.

Thank you VERY much, I’m off to toy with those - and likely mess something up.

i use the following to do wseps weapon_base, manhack_welder and flechette_gun.

Basically you want us to fight fire with fire?