Swep reload sounds

Hi i tried to make the reload sounds of my dual elite swep but i can’t get it to work, can some one help?? by the way, i hexed the weapon. I will be posting the elite.txt that came with the model. (this is my first swep)

“Weapon_ELITE.Lclipout”
{
“channel” “CHAN_ITEM”
“volume” “1.0”
“CompatibilityAttenuation” “1.0”
“pitch” “PITCH_NORM”

"wave"			"weapons\elite\elite_Lclipout.wav"

}

“Weapon_ELITE.Rclipout”
{
“channel” “CHAN_ITEM”
“volume” “1.0”
“pitch” “PITCH_NORM”

"wave"			"weapons\elite\elite_Rclipout.wav"

}

“Weapon_ELITE.Hammerback”
{
“channel” “CHAN_ITEM”
“volume” “1.0”
“pitch” “PITCH_NORM”

"wave"			"weapons\elite\elite_hammerback.wav"

}

“Weapon_ELITE.Magbash”
{
“channel” “CHAN_ITEM”
“volume” “1.0”
“pitch” “PITCH_NORM”

"wave"			"weapons\elite\elite_magbash.wav"

}

Been there, done that.

Weapon scripts do not work, and if you want to add an SWEP from some custom model on the web, you have to hex edit the original mdl files, you have to rename the script variables in the mdl.

You must first rename the mdl file, e.x. “v_pist_elite.mdl” must be “v_pist_mygun.mdl”, one that is not already mounted or in use.

You should find the “v_pist_elite.mdl” string at the beginning of the mdl file, replace that too.

Weapon_ELITE in the mdl files you should replace with Weapon_MYGUN (Scripted sound events)

Because otherwise it will actually call sound script events from CSS guns, and your custom sounds will be playing along with them.

Then, you need to assign SWEP Fire variable to the fire sound, and in SWEP:Reload you basically have to play these sounds manually, to my limited understanding.

I have done this several times, i am unsure if you can use script text, but if you could, replace all Weapon_ELITE text in your script with Weapon_MYGUN and it might work, but i read somewhere that it does not.

Good luck with getting downloaded hexed models to display properly in thirdperson, too. I haven’t figured that one out yet…

TL;DR,
You are better off practicing with a model already existing, and working from there. This whole process i had to figure out almost entirely on my own and almost completely wasted my time which could have been spent learning more Lua.

Simple really… Just throw it into scripts/content_accum/snds_cstrike_6

then make it read only.

Thats how i got custom models reload sounds to work in gmod for me. OH GOD YOU KNOW MY SECRET! :V

Can you explain it better please =)

EDIT: Now i get it, thank you both Wizey and s0beit, THANK YOU!

Your doing it wrong! I will explain, :words: