T-Pose problem

Hello guys,

First of all, I’m pretty new into models manipulation, so I may don’t understand what I’m doing.
I tried to convert some of the Insurgency ragdolls I found on the Garry’s Mod Workshop into player models.
I decompiled the models then included those lines in the .qc file :

$includemodel "m_anm.mdl"
$includemodel "m_pst.mdl"
$includemodel "m_shd.mdl"
$includemodel "m_gst.mdl"
$includemodel "m_ss.mdl"
$includemodel "combine_soldier_anims.mdl"

I recompiled it, but it stills appear in a T-Pose :

What am I doing wrong ?

Sorry for bumping, but I still don’t know how to fix it

Is the skeleton a correct half-life2 biped ?

The problem is that Incurgency models have different rig from Garry’s Mod. So you’ll have to re-rig Incurgency players to Half-Life 2 characters rig.

This model probably isn’t rigged to the correct skeleton. A lot of people don’t know this but ragdolls don’t need to be rigged to the Valve Biped. Player models are typically always rigged to the Valve Biped so the creators don’t have to make custom animations for the model. Also when making a playermodel you only need to include one of these lines for animations in the .qc, $includemodel “m_anm.mdl” or $includemodel “f_anm.mdl”.

I’ve never tried converting a ragdoll to a playermodel before but I think you’re going to need to make quite a bit more changes to the .qc than just adding a line for animations. Rigging the model to a different skeleton may not sound difficult but in my experience rigging the playermodel is easily the most difficult part of making a playermodel. I’d advise looking up some youtube tutorails and frequently reading articles on the valve developer community.

Here’s a little video if you need help with rigging a playermodel with blender:

I sent him your video too :smiley:

Glad you guys are finding these videos useful!

Well i would use the 5 finger skeleton and not the 3 finger skeleton and its a bit long but i find it the best tutorial out there.