T-Posing Ragdolls Stuck In Ground -- possible workaround and other details

I’ve seen threads about this before, but I can’t seem to find them now. So I apology for what is a duplicate thread.

Anyways, I have been having issues with certain ragdolls which, when spawned, T-Pose and fall sideways into the ground. Both times, I managed to fix it by disabling every addon and re-enabling them one-by-one until I found the one that makes the ragdoll glitch.

I really, really, really wish I had thought to write down the names of the addons. I didnt and lost the names. I do know that one was to hide the big red ERRORS (there are many lovely maps that require CSS, which I won’t be able to get for a little while, but work fine without it, but there are errors everywhere) and the other one was for manipulating props or ragdolls, but I don’t know the exact names, so I am sorry for being useless there.

So that is the first thing I would try, to disable all of the addons (except for the ragdolls themselves, because that would be silly because then you couldn’t tell if they were glitching because you would not be able to spawn them).

Anyways, here are a few other things:
– When they fall, it sounds like a weapon being dropped.
– You can sometimes grab them by the base of the foot.
– When you undo it, it says that it removed a prop, not a ragdoll.
Edit: I’ve also discovered that when the ragdolls t-pose, you can grab them with the gravity gun – which you cannot do with an actual ragdoll.
These three (now four) things make me wonder if somehow the ragdolls take on the physics of a weapon-prop, which is why they act funny and are stuck sideways in the ground.

A few other things:
– The only ragdolls I have seen do this were either also player models or NPCs. This I think is a big factor, unless someone can confirm than a non-NPC/playermodel ragdoll also glitched.
– When it is glitching, if it’s an NPC and I spawn it and kill it, it will t-pose on death. I haven’t tried changing my playermodel and killing myself. (That sounds terrible outside of context.)
– I have not noticed any errors in common in the console. Sometimes there’s one about a right hand biped (I can’t recall exactly the exact error – though I am pretty sure it’s to do with attaching the weapon) but it didn’t show up on all of the bugging ones.

I hope this helps someone else get a ragdoll to work, or helps the ragdoll people or addon people or Garry (or all of them) figure out why it is glitching. If I help one person I think I will be happy. Even if I don’t I am posting this anyways.