The goal of this gamemode is to update (possibly continuously) TacoScript 1 up to current script standards, while keeping the TS1 feel, and to distribute it to have more options for a standard server than whatever Conna’s current script is. I started doing this project September 21, 2010 and it’s still a work in progress - but I’ve made a lot of work. TS1 has been refreshed, and for many features, entirely gutted and retooled.
In fact, for the changelog, I could go through the entire script, but that would take quite a few hours to do. Instead, I’ll give you the general stuff as I skim through the script (probably should have made a changelog to start).
Incredibly brief changelog from the garrysmod.org TacoScript:
- Fixed any and all bugs - Fixed all inventory problems - Fixed all weapon problems - Predigimous lag reduction (new usermessage systems, replacement of NWvars etc). Ping went from 150 on default to 50 on this on my test server. - Up-to-date module support - Door (and mapdata) system entirely redone, mapdata included for 14 common maps - Sound lists for, not only the CP - but for HL music and overwatch (city voice) - Removed backdoors - Removed unnecessary or deprecated code (armor hack, observe as variable) - Redone combine/overwatch flags - Only has about 15 mb of default models - it's up to you how much you add (keep it tasteful) - Couple dumb admin/concommands removed, a couple non-dumb commands added - Admin-controlled HL2 npcs (attack heli, gunship) - The standard stuff like "Typing..." - Quiz has 'tutorial' which gives all the answers if the player reads it - Fixed as many exploits as I could find - Removed some unnecessary delays - Removed unused or silly things like headbob - Some trivial but fun things like Christmas Mod being enabled on christmas automatically - Easier MySQL script-side setup - Modules: gatekeeper, rcon, mysqloo - IP or steamid private testing/blacklist, rcon disable, and mysql interaction respectively - Lots of animations - 15 animation tables prepared, for each (feasibly used) HL2 model + some TnB models and misc models I've found - Some animation goodies - ie, if you're a cscanner, your tail will bob up and down and the wheel will rotate and whatnot, you can set your model to a strider and have your head out of the ground etc - Predicted gestures for firing, reloading etc weapons (looks awesome man) - Weapons are automatically parsed as items - no need for items of weapons - Weapons: Cleaned up, better ironsights, some retooling, working on system to properly hold hexed CS:S weapons for you donator mongers out there, as well as things like suitcase - Added door and keypad stools but integrated into TS and exploit-proofed - Realtime MySQL donation system up and running - HL2 hands (pickup and throw small things)
I honestly suprised myself with how fast I was able to get it to run. For example, you may be used to a 5-10 second character selection process in the current TS - mine takes <2 seconds.
- Must start with "2" as the first line of the file - Backwards compatible but you have to add "1" to the top - Doorstates: 0 - buyable 1 - combine buyable (for lockers etc) 2 - unownable 3 - combine lockable (i.e. nexus doors, prison cell doors etc) 7 - combine big doors (the large, normally unopenable doors) BEGINBUILDING "Shop" 988.0000 -3991.0000 718.2500 "Entrance" 0 35 824.0000 -3524.0000 728.0000 "Side Entrance" 0 35 743.0000 -3725.0000 718.2500 "Backroom" 2 ENDBUILDING - X Y Z Name State Price - Price is optional if state is unownable or the like - BEGINBUILDING can be replaced with BEGINUNOWNBUILDING (all doorstates are 2, all prices are nonexistant) or BEGINCOMBINEBUILDING (all doorstates 7, prices nonexistant) - If you buy a door inside a building, you then own every door in the entire building.
Example mapdata file:
2 BEGINUNOWNBUILDING "Trainstation" 3031.9063 -2735.0000 814.7188 "Hallway" 3031.9063 -2641.0000 814.7188 "Hallway" 2154.0625 -2734.7188 814.2500 "Hallway" 2154.0625 -2640.7188 814.2500 "Hallway" ENDBUILDING BEGINBUILDING "Foto Shack" -560.0450 -1476.0100 726.0000 "Entrance" 0 35 -791.0000 -1145.0000 726.2810 "Storage" 2 ENDBUILDING
Flags can be combined with each other. For example you can have combine flags "EF" which will allow you to both be a CP Elite and able to set flags, or player flags "NXV" which will let you be a salesman black market vortigaunt. Combine A - Recruit - /cp B - CP - /cp C - OW - /ow D - OW Shotgunner - /ow E - Can set flags F - CP Elite - /cp G - CP Control - /cp H - Combine Control - /cp I - OW Elite - /ce X - City Scanner - /cscanner Y - Shield Scanner - /cscanner Z - Advisor - /advisor Player N - Can sell newspaper S - Stalker V - Vortigaunt W - Vortigaunt Slave X - Black Market
As for screenshots, just picture default TacoScript HUD etc. It’s identical. Most of these modifications are internal or minutely visible, screenshots aren’t worth it.
- Place contents in garrysmod
- Set up mysql server according to the provided .sql file
- Get the lua binary modules installed properly according to the readme
- Edit the config files in data/TacoScript/
- Load up in gmod!