With tanks being such a popular thing to build in gmod, it is sad indeed to know that realistic tank tracks are all but impossible. This tool aims to, mostly, solve that issue. Please post any bugs or compatibility issues you run into, or suggestions you might have.
• Wheels are defined
• A spline is generated around these wheels
• Models are rendered around this spline
• An animated scrolling texture is dynamically scaled to fit these models
• Tank tracks!
• Easy to use; spawn, select wheels, edit with context menu, and go!
• A lot of options so far, and probably more in the future.
• 100% Clientside (apart from the networked editable options); no more laggy e2 tracks, or, god forbid, physical ones!
• Left Click - Spawn a new controller. Hold shift and left click an existing controller to copy its settings, left click another to apply the copied settings to it.
• Right Click - Click to select a controller to link entities to, then select your chassis prop, and then select your wheel props, in order, from front to back.
• Reload - Clear your selection if you have entities selected. Unlink all entities if aiming at a controller, hold shift to reset settings to defaults.
• MrWhite; textures
• Waxx; icon and server testing
• Thebutheads; ideas
• Karbine; ideas