Terrible Framerate on New Computer

Hi all. First off, I want to apologize in advance because I’m not the most tech savvy, and this may be something I could easily solve on my own. Regardless, I’ve fooled around with settings and can’t seem to find a fix.

I got a new computer a few months ago and I haven’t been able to play Rust properly since. No matter what settings I change, I sit around 8 fps the entire time. Other games play just fine on decent settings. I’ve had this problem throughout all of the weekly changes and performance improvements. I logged in today to see if there was any change since the last time, and I noticed the system information tab under the F1 menu. Under GPU, it lists my Intel HD Graphics 4600. I believe this might be the problem. The laptop is supposed to use that card for daily tasks and then switch to another card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M) for games, or at least I think that’s how it is supposed to go. I was wondering if there was any way to manually choose what card the game uses for rendering. Then again I may be wrong about all of this altogether; maybe the computer just isn’t good enough to run Rust?. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Not sure what all info would help, so please let me know if there’s anything else I can provide.

System Manufacturer: CyberpowerPC
System Model: FANG Pro
BIOS: 1.05
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8080MB RAM
Page File: 5237MB used, 4121MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

It should list both cards in device manager. At least, most laptops with switchable graphics do that.

Figured it out. Just had to switch which card the computer was using for Rust. I used this link if it’ll help anyone.

I know this is a problem that has been posted about on this forum a fair few times, but I’d just like to say well done for coming back and saying how you fixed it. Far too many forums are full of questions that end with no resolution or just a post that says “Nevermind, I fixed it.” and nothing else. If everyone did this with every tech problem they solved, thousands of man hours could be saved.