Terry's Summer Car

Terry’s Summer Car

Summary

Terry’s Summer Car is a future S&box game mode about driving around a big(?) map and doing… well… stuff. It can be described as “the freedom of action and fun of My Summer Car plus the simplicity and atmosphere of Jalopy”. And, of course, let’s not forget about the multiplayer, which both games don’t have at all.

What has been done

I’m neither a mapper nor a 3D modeler, so I’m doing what I can do without the key right now: making a prototype in Unity, which uses C# as its main programming language, so it helps me to improve my See-Sharp skills.

1. Plug-and-pray system
    The basic mechanic of Jalopy and My Summer Car: building a vehicle together with random parts we have on hand.

Imagine that the white cube is actually a car stereo playing low-quality Gorillaz - 19-2000.
    The current implementation has checks for the type of socket (so that you can’t plug in your bumper as a steering wheel) and whether it’s occupied or not.

What I’m going to do next

1. World
    The map itself does not change, but the loot will be randomized to spice up the gameplay a bit.
  2. Driving
    Of course, I can plug in random stuff, but I can’t use it right now.
  3. Multiplayer
    I mean, it’s always fun to drive and do all stupid sorts of stuff together, but the actual player interactions are currently not have been thought out. Will there be PvP? Who knows…

In conclusion

roborovski.png.jpg
roborovski

For Americans

There will be no automatic transmission.
The speed will be measured in kilometers per hour, not football fields per feet.
Also, there will be roundabouts.
Boo.

12 Likes

good idea! nice idea! good idea!
i like it
great idea!
keep up the great work
i like it, very nice idea!

3 Likes

Sounds interesting, My Summer Car is a fun game. Hope you get to realize your project :+1:

5 Likes

Can we count on there being a desert bus option?

Also, is this a spelling error?

Do you mean “plug and play”? We don’t particularly take kindly those with bad grammar around here…

2 Likes

Of course! If only S&box had higher map size limits…

2 Likes

I prefer The Long Drive

3 Likes

Infinite Desert Bus? Sounds interesting ngl :smile:

1 Like

I think it’s super real what you did :slight_smile:

2 Likes

can’t wait to be the translator guy…

2 Likes

binland culture expert

2 Likes

Good news! I’ve got a key, now it’s time to make Terry’s Summer Car real!

3 Likes