Texture compilation problem

Hey! I’ve been trying to compile a very simple model all day, but I keep getting the default gamma texture instead of the UV map I made for the model. Here are some screenshots and my qc file. If anyone could help me, it would be much appreciated!

$modelname	"props\cube.mdl"
$body mybody	"cube.smd"
$staticprop
$surfaceprop	combine_metal
$cdmaterials	"models\props"

$sequence idle	"cube.smd"

$collisionmodel	"cube.smd" { $concave }

Are you materials in the right folder and the vmts are set up correctly?

I’m trying to compile inside of the counterstrike folder, so I’m putting all of my files inside of the sdk_content/cstrike/materialsrc folder and the sdk_content/cstrike/modelsrc folder to compile.

Here is my material script.

"LightmappedGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "rc/models/props/cube"
}

You must use VertexLitGeneric for models, not LightmappedGeneric.

Put your .vmt and .vtf into “materials/models/props” like you set in your qc.

then set the contents of your .vmt to

"VertexLitGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "models/props/cube"
}

materials don’t need to be in materialssrc. Also the place where the material is in has to correspond with the $cdmaterial line inside of your QC.

It still isn’t finding the material.

Edit:After playing around with the model for a bit, I managed to get the texture to work. I’m not sure how, I’m going to try to recreate the problem.

check the path of the texture. i couldn’t get my own test box to work because i had forgotten to name the texture in max. took me several hours to figure that out and really pissed me off.

That’s what it was! Fucking naming the texture the same thing as the UV map you just unwrapped.

Edit:Thanks for the help everyone.

I know you have solved the problem, but Id like to say that this program “Source MDL Texture Info” found here if you scroll down:

Does wonders on quick troubleshooting of texture names & paths.

that’s how i figured out what my issue was.