Texture Importing not working

I’ve been making a snowy-themed map, and I want a blended texture that’s not in episode 2. I grabbed “nature/rockwall007.vtf” and “nature/vostok_snow.vtf” from cs:go and put them in a folder, “snowcliff” in the materials folder of episode 2. I then tried making a blended texture from them:

"WorldVertexTransition"
{
	"$basetexture" "snowcliff/rockwall007"
	"$basetexture2" "snowcliff/vostok_snow"
	"$surfaceprop" "Rock"
        "$surfaceprop2" "Snow"
}

but it only appears as null checkerboard in hammer. I tried making .vmts for the rock and snow textures individually:

"LightmappedGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "snowcliff/rockwall007"
	"$surfaceprop" "Rock"
}

"LightmappedGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "snowcliff/vostok_snow"
	"$surfaceprop" "Snow"
}

but all that did was add them to the list as individual null checkerboard textures in hammer. I don’t know where to go from here, can someone please help?

Edit:
It turns out the vtfs were the wrong version, episode 2 are formatted as ver. 7.4, while cs:go is ver. 7.5. I fixed it by exporting the cs:go vtfs as tgas through VTFEdit, and then importing them again, making sure to change the version to 7.4.

CS:GO uses newer texture format, and you are most likely not using CS:GO hammer. And btw, wrong forum.

First of all, I was not using CS:GO hammer; I tried making the map in it, but it was so slow I had to use the low-poly models from episode 2 to get it to run at a respectable framerate. Also, new texture format? How would I convert them between eachother? Also, why is this the incorrect forum?

To convert it, you’ll have to export the texture to .tga and then back to .vtf, but this time specifying it to be version 7.4, NOT 7.5 ( If I am correct ).

Wrong forum because you describe a hammer problem in a Garry’s Mod forum. Most suitable forum would be the mapping forum.

Thanks, that worked great. By the way, I thought this WAS a Garry’s Mod forum.