Textures are black and some are discolored

I recently redownloaded Garrysmod, only to find that when I loaded it, most of the textures were pitch black. I am using CS:S as my source engine and have since redownloaded both Garrysmod and CS:S FROM STEAM, and it still looks the same. Please help. I have followed all the steps on this page: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335 and it still looks like this:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs884.ash1/179209_175656055809284_100000946734383_358271_3877782_n.jpg

this is a repost because the original was closed due to being in the wrong section, I am new here and was not aware of this section.

Please and thank you in advance

Hey you need to get a better pc.
Or this other solution called stop playing games on that rock.

(User was banned for this post ("Unhelpful Reply [Mr. Gestapo]" - Asaratha))

Are you running a legal copy of Garry’s Mod? it would make the situation easier.

Yes, and a legal copy of CS:S, feel free to check my account

Try adding -dxlevel 81 to the command line (Right-Click Garry’s Mod in Steam and go to Properties (Start Up Options))

THANK YOU, it appears to be working fine now. : D

No problem.

-snip-

Ok, now whenever I kill an NPC my game crashes, can anyone help?

Delete your garrysmod folder.

[editline]21st January 2011[/editline]

Backup addons.

[editline]21st January 2011[/editline]

Not necessarily in that order.

Deleted it, started up again and it still crashes when I kill an NPC. any other Ideas please?

If that happens with vanilla GMod, we can’t really help you with that. Try submitting your crashlog on the Garry’s Mod bugtracker, then Garry will take a look at it.

However, I suggest you upgrade your computer anyway. Support for everything below DirectX 9 is getting worse and worse with every update of the Source engine and I doubt you can even find cards that don’t support DirectX 9 anymore.

How do I find my crashlog? it pops up with a window that says ‘hl2.exe has stopped working’

A few updates back it was changed to the steam root folder, just look for crash dump files, the name should be a long numcode with some text.

also, dont know if you guys can do anything about it like Overv stated, but also when ever I shoot an explosive barrel it also crashes

Are you by any chance using Windows XP with Intel Integrated for graphics? Just saying because the Windows XP driver shader support. I can tell by the health being too transparent from what I remember. My netbook does the same thing with Vista.

System Specs

Go to his report on mantis, it aint that hard.

For reference:
Running an Intel Core Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20 GHz
4 GB of Ram
32 bit
on windows vista Ultimate service pack 2

Need to know what your Video Card is. Otherwise you seem to be within reasonable system settings.