Welcome to the 1 Week Garry’s Mod gamemode creation competition 2015! ( O1WGMGCC for short )
This competition is where you fight for the best to produce the best Garry’s Mod gamemode you can in 1 week!
- NO DarkRP edits!
Their must be hook.Call("wgcc_fin_nextgamemode") at the end of your gamemode.
- Gamemode must be created within the 1 week timeframe.
- Gamemode must be from scratch.
- The gamemode must have the theme somewhat incorporated in the gamemode
- Be creative!
- The finished gamemode must be sold for free, not on any services like ScriptFodder.
- If you want to use a base, you can only use this as a base, you are not allowed to use your own.
- You can use whatever materials/models you want, but if they aren’t yours, be sure to credit the authors of the item.
- If you are a Judge, you cannot participate in the comp.
- If you’re out of idea’s, you can use Niandra’s gamemode idea thing.
Failure to comply with the rules may cause a disqualification.
When you become first, second or third you get to choose whatever you want out of the prize pool.
1st: 3 choices in prize pool and first pick
2nd: 2 choices in prize pool and second pick
3rd: whatever left in prize pool.
The prize pool consists of:
- Gold Facepunch membership (If you already have it, you can give it to someone else)
- Title Change
- GEARCRACK Arena (Donated by James)
- Any Steam game to the value of $30 to the prize pool. (Donated by The Commander)
- SSL certificate for a year (Donated by James)
- Any $10 Steam game (Donated by sarge)
First off post here if you want to participate. You don’t have to share you gamemode idea, you can surprise all of us when the week is complete.
When the desired time has started and the theme has been presented, You will start creating your gamemode.
If you want, you can post your progress here or the Garry’s Mod WAYWO.
Once your gamemode is complete, you must have hook.Call("wgcc_Fin_NextGamemode") at the end of it.
Once the week has completed, you will have 30 minutes to upload the gamemode to GarrysMods.org and post it here. It would be nicer if you put a video along side it. [sp] If you want to post it earlier, you can post it here and i’ll download it and use the downloaded version when its judging time. [/sp]
The Judges will then proceed to look at the gamemode and choose who should be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
Exploderguy - SUBMITTED
Fortune11709 - SUBMITTED
[del] YourStalker [/del] - Only had the chance to mark 2
sarge997 - SUBMITTED
Willox - SUBMITTED
Rhapsody - SUBMITTED
HOW THE JUDGING WILL WORK:
All the judging will be hosted on a Linux server. So don’t capitalize your shit.
- The judges will play your gamemode and take notes if necessary.
- Once the gamemode has ended, your gamemode should call the hook wgcc_fin_nextgamemode and stop doing anything ( i.e. Stop starting new rounds, etc )
- After 5 minutes, your gamemode will change to the next gamemode as well as the map the next gamemode will have have stated in the txt file in their gamemodes directory.
Rinse and repeat
[del]Gamemode creation will be 9/7/15 9:00 am AEST to 16/7/15 9:00 am AEST ( GMT + 10 )[/del]
The gamemodes should be completed on 16/7/15 9:00 am AEST
Judging will commence soon after that.
There are 2 themes, you can choose which one you want to do! The themes are: Cartoon or Magic, and you MUST have them somewhat incorporated in your gamemode.
The Marking Criteria is so you know what the judges will be marking you on. This is to give you a rough idea on what we are expecting.
Marking Criteria will be as follows:
Does the gamemode have troubles working? (Y/N) - -1 marks
Does the gamemode incorporate the theme? (Y/N) - If no, then DISQUALIFIED
Does the gamemode have the wgcc_fin_nextgamemode hook at the end of it? (Y/N) - If no, then -10 pts.
Would you play it again? (Y/N) - +2 marks
Would you host the gamemode? (Y/N) - +1 mark
What would you rate the gamemode? (1-10) - +%rating% = marks
Visual Design (1-3) - +%rating% = marks
Playability (1-3) - +%rating% = marks
Originality (1-3) - +%rating% = marks
General Judge Comments
The judge would add some constructive criticism here
- Shia - +1 mark
- postal’s ass - +1 mark
- THAT cat - +1 mark
- Ellen Pao - +1 mark
- Melons - +1 mark
Marks: /23 Bonus Marks: /5
grunewald with Apocalypse-Aftermath
BFG9000 with Bronx GB3k
|Royal| with Magic Labyrinth
TheMrFailz with Paintballz
MadParakeet with Ragdoll Combat II
FireArrow with Spell Deathmatch
bobbleheadbob with Toon Wars
Breny with Warlocks: Ultimate Push Party
Contest Entries have closed.