The Cheap Scare Gun 2500 - The Ultimate in Cheap Scare Technology

In the spirit of Halloween, I decided to release this SWEP. So, without further ado, I humbly present:

**The CSG-2500**

Basic Info: The CSG has a variety of creepy functions, and many new features have been added.

First, every mode has a sub-mode. For example, if you’re in “Corpse Spawner Mode”, the sub-modes are the kind of corpse you want to spawn. All of the modes have this, except for the Demonizer and Kinesis.

Second, there’s two additional modes. The first mode plays looped “ambience” noises like you’d find in a creepy map. The second new mode plays a creepy song to everyone on the server.

With the new sub-mode system, you can select what you spawn or what you play. It’s no longer randomized.

The modes are as follows:
[ul][li]Flasher Mode - Flashes a stalker, gman, or even a MingeBag.
[/li][li]Corpse Spawner Mode - Spawns a dead body. Need I say more?
[/li][li]Sound Emitter Mode - Emits a sound at target location.
[/li][li]Kinesis/Poultergeist - Pushes all surrounding objects slightly.
[/li][li]Demonizer - Possesses an object, violently knocking it around. Force is based on mass.
[/li][li]Looped Ambience Mode - Toggles a looped “ambience” sound.
[/li][li]Song Player Mode - Globally plays a song on all clients.
[/li][/ul]

Primary Fire: Engage a Sub-Mode.

Secondary Fire: Switch Main Modes.

Primary + Use: Next Sub-Mode.

Secondary + Use: Previous Sub-Mode.

Reload: Toggle Flasher screaming.

New Features

[ul][li]Over 30 added sounds!
[/li][li]13 added corpses!
[/li][li]2 New modes!
[/li][li]Bugfixes!
[/li][li]Uses content from Episode 1 and 2! (Does not include content, must have the games)
[/li][/ul]

Bugs

[ul][li]Disorganized, messy code that’s also quite huge (46 KB!!).
[/li][li]Flashers spawn the angle you’re looking. If you’re looking straight down, the stalker will be facedown on the ground.
[/li][li]Custom sounds that don’t automatically download (You probably won’t use them anyway, they’re crap).
[/li][li]Crappy mode-switching system (I’m working on implementing Derma…)
[/li][/ul]

Here is the download link:
http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=55686

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Save the ZIP archive to your computer.
2. Extract the CSG2500 folder to: C:\program files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<insert your Steam user name here>\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons
3. Open Garry's Mod, and enjoy!

Happy Halloween, have fun abusing your clients!

Yes!
I loved the old CSG.
Just i hope this one isn’t as laggy.

Off topic:
First Post!

I loved this SWEP, and now it is renewed for me :3: .
Challenge:
Make everyone tape down their microphone key and go around scaring people.

Awesome! :smiley: Is always better on crowded servers so noone knows whos doing it :smiley:

Thanks for your positive comments, I updated the thread with more info and installation instructions.

does it tell you what mode your in or do you have to fire to find out?

It tells you. It actually kinda clutters up your chatbox/console in doing so.

Congrats, do you want a fucking cookie?

I had fun with this swep on my servers, all those 10 year olds would be screaming into their mics like crazy :v:

snip snap

I found that it only works in singleplayer now, but not multiplayer.
Any help?

That’s… bad. Some of my other SWEPs had this problem, but I never thought it would happen with this one. I don’t know what’s causing it, I’ll try to figure it out.

[lua] 1. if ( SERVER ) then
2. AddCSLuaFile( “shared.lua” )
3. end
[/lua]

Got that from the 2000 thread

I was just going to post that. I tested it in a LAN server and figured out that was missing (I also forgot it in the last version… smacks forehead). Thanks, adding to opening post.

I’ll re-upload a fixed version with that added in, soon…

Now I can cheaply scare somebody. Now we have a dance party!

:dance::freeman::lepard::specialschool::holy:

Where’s the download?

http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=55686

Shs just uploaded this one, so I’m guessing it works multiplayer now

I updated it.

Thanks.

Cool, I’ve always been looking for anything that might freak my clients out.

I use the good ol’ Gman playermodel + Machinima Hands Swep = Look at them around a corner, then walk away and disappear when they run to you.

I’ve run into a bit of a problem with the Swep…

When I change modes, it sets the mode onto two seperate functions at the same time. I don’t mind the notifications being double-posted, but I’d like to be able to play the sound of a busted metal door swinging, while not triggering a song at the same time.

Sorry for the bump, but is there another download that we may use? I’d really like to get this Swep again