The Euphoria physics engine and Garrysmod

Hello there,

To those of you who are knowledgeable or have experience in the whole physics/techinal aspect of gaming, do you think it would be possible to integrate the Euphoria ragdoll physics engine into Gmod?

Also, my apologies if this is a stupid question, but I really have no idea what i’m talking about when it comes to this kind of thing.

Edit: Having done a little bit of research, it would appear that the aforementioned integration is reserved for the likes of Half Life 3 or the next generation. I guess I just answered my own question.

Oh wow, where does it say that Euphoria ragdoll physics will be in HL3?

My apologies. I didn’t intend to imply that it will actualley be featured in Half Life 3, I just watched some guy’s prediction video for future technologies that are likely to be integrated into it. Like the physics system used in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed with the splintering wood and all that jazz.

The problem is Euphoria is terrible at rendering large collisions. While it can handle simple poly’s, it’s not great at more detailed collisions.

Grand Theft Auto 4 wasn’t that detailed if you wanted to know, it’s just from a perspective view that it’s “HD.” The engine had some problems with the physics too. Garry’s mod would struggle with the physics engine.

I"m pretty sure Euphoria is a animation engine.

It’s a combination of both physics and animation.

boo euphoria

yay tresengine for no prerendered animations

fall of an extremely tall skyscraper, land on head

SURVIVE.

[editline]26th October 2011[/editline]

Typical day for Niko.