The Maze Runner (Server project)

Good evening, today, I present to you my server project which is close to my heart!
The project focuses on the world of the film the Labyrinth, the goal will be to live your own experience in the labyrinth.
In other words, Create your own cabin, grow your food, raise your own animals and explore every nook and cranny of this labyrinth to find the exit!

Development:
I am currently the only one working on this project, I mainly work on the labyrinth map, but I also do 3D modeling and 3D animation via software [3ds max / substance painter / mindtex 2 / Curvy 3D].

9 Likes

Cool work so far! You said you’re the only one working on the project and that you’re mostly working on the map and models right now - do you have experience or knowledge of coding for when you get to the actual gamemode development part?

2 Likes

No, I don’t know anything about code, but I have to learn it.

1 Like

News !
I reworked my machete 3d model because it is not realistic.

1 Like

News !!!

2 Likes

Oh my god, I loved the Maze Runner series as a kid and I would die for something like this. Please keep us updated! Hope to see you on that big gamemode list some day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really good!!

I suggest you some ideas:

• Make the enemies really hard to push PvE and teamwork. Make them fear it and don’t go outside the walls during night.
  • Would be awesome if the maze is procedural. I’ve seen those maps in gmod so I think you could make too in s&box. Maybe not too procedural or make moving parts to make harder to get the exit.
2 Likes

I had already thought about making a procedural labyrinth but I am thinking of making parts and moving objects!

I also intend to model in 3D the Monsters of the labyrinth and make them fast and super dangerous !

1 Like

Don’t worry I publish content often :wink:

1 Like

News !

3 Likes

Definitely an interesting concept, looking forward to more progress!

2 Likes

This is the map I’m talking about. The doors spawn small chunks of the map. It hasn’t lightmaps for whatever reason. Maybe you could trigger an start point to generate the map each time someone dies or something like that. Although, it has lots of performance limitations so I think is pretty hard to implement into a gameplay. Don’t know it S2 has node graphs for AI, but this could break it too.

How you’re going to make moving parts? Like small chunks of the maze rotating itself inf some parts of the map? Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

The parts that will move will be simple Block which works in translation but not in rotation

2 Likes

Pretty ingenious!

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

News !!!

3 Likes

Oh my gawd, looks like visual chocolate. Pretty good

2 Likes

looks awsome bro ive been waiting to get a key ive been streaming for 15 hours saying i wont stop streaming until i get A key i may regret this but i love mazew runner keep up the awsome work

2 Likes

News! I begin the creation of the W.C.K.D Laboratory located under the labyrinthe

2 Likes

Damn this looks really cool! The models look really good as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes