the new decreased map size is too small, shitty and tight just like butthole

the title says it all, I can’t go anywhere without finding a fucking sniper ontop of tower practicing his shoot. everywhere is pretty occupied and when you finally build something, you just realize some huge ass base is a few yards away from yours so you’re fucked anyway. you said “Let’s give it a shot and see how things go shall we?” and I tell you, it’s garbage so far. it’s basically just the CONS list without the PROS. You can’t hope to build unless you skip work and log in the morning.

1/10 whoever among the devs came up with that idea and ruined my Rust experience, and going to still ruin it for a complete month, should suffer for a complete month as well.

return default map size next wipe pls it was all fun and game until this shit happened and if people want smaller maps for ‘more pvp action’ then just go SMALL maps that are thankfully available?

just my fucking experience and opinion.

You are ruining your own game experience. The game is about interaction, try it someday. You will be amazed what knowing your neighbors can do to solo gameplay. This is by no means an invite to join a big clan or leave your solo life… quite the opposite.

im either no fan of this played on very populated server it feels like were building a village

I have to say I’m not a big fan of the smaller maps.
It’s hard to build and my team of fuck monkeys keep getting raided by monster clans.
And we can’t join them. After all they need someone to shoot and raid lol
well that and they’re Korean

I have to agree with the OP. Since the update I have had to quit my usual server, and go and play on an quiet server. The popular servers have become unplayable, especially for a solo player with a day job…

Literally can’t leave your base without being sniped in the first 30 seconds … pointless …

So quit your job and become a NEET, that’s what most people here do.

With a 4k map it happened that I didn’t see a player for hours and now with 3k there is always someone around.

I would like to test this on a 3.5k map, could be a good middle value.

Screw that, I set my server to 4200 and players are happy. Not vanilla mind you.

In my experience, a well-populated server even at 4K size turned into an obnoxious urban sprawl of skyscrapers and winding compound walls by the middle of week 2. I can only imagine playing on a 3K server makes the problem more obvious.

4k map size was fine IMO, I found plenty of PvP, 3.5k might have been a good middle ground, but 3k squared is way too small for the 200 pop official servers. I am not sure if they did the maths when they thought about this “test”, as 3k squared is actually over 40% smaller than 4k squared.

Add in your natural barriers, like mountains and land bridges between parts of the map, you have a very tight map full of sniper towers that pretty much control the land everywhere you go. Every monument has multiple towers with snipers in shooting at you and at each other. Seriously, it’s killing the random open field PvP because you can sure as hell bet when you get into a fight people will start joining in from the safety of their towers, pissing all over any fun that you might have had.

3k is just too small for a 200 player server and during the servers high pop times you will struggle to do much at all without being targeted by a someone in a tower every 2 minutes. You might say this “increases PvP”, but can you really call it PvP when it’s mostly tower v player or tower v tower, with no one actually gaining any loot because they don’t actually leave their tower when they kill someone.

If the map’s going to be smaller, can we at least test 3.5k map size, I bet it would be a lot better for gameplay sakes.

Couldn’t agree with this anymore, they already have “small” official servers that are at 2k. If people want more pvp they could have just gone and played on them. 4K was the perfect balance between isolation and pvp, we all like a bit of pvp, but when the second you leave your base your being shot at by towers and people running by its going a bit far. The 3k map size is way too small. If they’re going to keep the map size at 3k the they need to add official servers at 4K and put “large” in the name like they did with the smaller maps.

[editline]9th March 2016[/editline]

No idea what servers you’d been playing on, but with 200 people on a 4K map servers there was still people everywhere and plenty of pvp action.

Another method would be to group the rad towns closer together and in the center of the server. Clans would be able to afford stick closer to ‘town’ whereas solo players can live on the outskirts away from the major population. This gives the clans the advantages of the rad towns, keeps clans away from noob beach, and potentially entices clans of like size to build near each other (larger = closer to center) - effectively evening the playing field. For a clan to take advantage of solo players, they would have to risk traveling away from town with their C4 and guns, making them the ones vulnerable to sniper towers.

I don’t think this would balance the game. It only gives more advantages to the clans to dominate the map. And if a clan goes on a raiding party, they’ll travel with a group of the clan or the whole clan. And not with one person who’s carrying everything from C4 to guns.
Clans who are dominating the map, have probably all the sniper towers or they aren’t that big of a concern to them.
Ow and are you suggesting solo players and noobs are the same? So they have to live on the outside of the clan society?
This solution isn’t going to solve the problems players have with smaller maps.

I play on official servers and community server like rustopia. Sure there is still alot action on 4k but there where places far away from radtowns where not much was going on.
It often happened that I built my base at those places and realised after a couple hours that I settled on the most boring place of the map.