The Plague v 2.0 - Major update FINAL

The Plague v2.0 HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU UPGRADE.

UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION, FILENAMES HAVE CHANGED

(if for nothing else than you can turn this one off)

http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=18174

The plague is a group of scripts which spreads the disease that is the undead.

New to this version:
-an antivirus
-New options (such as what type of zombie spawns and how long a dead body lays)
-console controls (type plague_info for more information
-panel controls under options
-a sent for remote control (use toggles Plague, damaging it activates antivirus
-The “invisible corpses” bug is fixed

A lot more than can be described simply. THIS IS THE FINAL RELEASE EXCEPT FOR POSSIBLE PATCHES. Thank you to everyone who helped answer my questions when they came up.

TUTORIAL

Quickly, if you open up the options panel, you will see all the controls, most of these commands should be obvious, but here is one thing you should do: save features. By default, it loads userdefault and then the script’s default. So, once you find settings you like, and make sure you use the save user settings feature.

Also, THE PLAGUE DEFAULTS TO OFF SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO TURN IT OFF EVERY TIME YOU BOOT THE SERVER AND DON’T WANT IT. Again, use user save to change this.

Any other repeated questions will go up here.

Q: Help, it isn’t working!?
A: Please make sure you delete the old version and the Plague is on. Easiest way to tell if it is on is the SENT called “Plague control.” Green means safe aka OFF, flashing red is danger aka on. To toggle, either “use” the SENT, enter “plague_active” in the console, or hit the button on the panel.

BUG FOUND
When a fast zombie lunges, this counts as a prop_ragdoll or physics damage for some reason, not an npc. There really isn’t any way I can see to fix it.

** Use “plague_info” to check the status of all variables in the console.**

Awesome :smiley:

Really cool! But I’m not going to download, it doesn’t grab my interest. =/

Touche…I counter with “download or the kitty dies…and becomes a headcrab”

Can you give me a tutorial on how to use it? I spawned zombies and activate the mod, and the zombies, but the plague doesn’t start.

Pro: Looks like a lot of fun! :eng101:
Con: No servers

Plague doesn’t start on its own. Zombies have to kill a human or a player and then they will spawn a new one. Also, you have to go to options and “enable plague” or type “plague_active” if the plague isn’t already on (the message plague on/off will show up when you activate)

Edit:

All in good time…bug your admins!

Fun! I like the self combustion.

Also… Why the antivirus?

Why did they catch fire? Or was that something you forced? Cause I really don’t want my zombies catching fire.

Edit: Or is it that they only catch fire after everyones been zombify

Oooh, looks much better than the first version. Good job.

Why wouldn’t one want to set zombies on fire?

Edit:

Catching fire is the antivirus. If they did it spontaneously (as in SENT was not damaged and no one activated it) I’d be interested to know. Final Version does not mean there are no bug fixes.

Edit:

Yay, I have a fan! Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds/looks fun! Looks like it’s going to be alot more entertaining than just the one that spawned a zombie on top of a npc when they died.

Yeah, in this one, you can set the npc death time so long you can launch the corpses over walls?

Elwaywitvac, great addon!
I love making even sides of Combine/Citizens and zombies, then watching the hordes multiply!

The only issue I have is that some times when an NPC dies without being infected, the ragdoll becomes a deadly weapon. As in, a zombie will be shot, but then the next zombie to walk over the corpse will suddenly be killed by it.

Of course, this won’t stop me from having hours of fun, will it?

I did not think so. Keep up the great work!

Yeah, that’s an AI glitch as near as I can see. Usually a dead npc that isn’t infected is probably because they got hit by a dead zombie in turn.

Thanks for the support though.

Thanks very useful!
When i get my f***ing gmod to work.

The antivirus made me laugh. Nice job.

If it is because of the Beta there are instructions on how to handle it at garrysmod.com

This is awesome, but i have one problem.
When the zombies kill me, i become a zombie, but when an npc gets killed by a zombie, they don’t become one :(. Any information on this most annoying matter would be much appreciated.

I got the same problem.