"The system cannot find the file specified." Error

Hello,

I’m having issues with hammer. I’m attempting to create a map for Trouble in Terrorist Town using the custom FGD and I get this error, “The system cannot find the file specified,” whenever I attempt to compile. I’ve searched for other people having this error, but their log files differ significantly from mine. There is currently no .bsp file with the same name as the .vmf I’m saving it as, and I think that might be the error. If it is, how do I get it to compile the .bsp without one already existing?

Log file is below

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\rectalwrecker\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps	tt_dcircle.bsp" "	tt_dcircle.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

Can you post the entire log? VBSP may have not saved the .bsp due to some error.

Also, shouldn’t it be in common, not “rectalwrecker”? I wouldn’t know, I’ve never mapped for Garry’s Mod

That’s all there is in the log, it cuts out right there.

Possibly, I’ll see if changing the directories in the FGD configurations does anything.

EDIT: There’s no Garrysmod directory in common unfortunately.

In this case, make sure the directory actually exists. It should exist, obviously, but you never know.

Also, check the map for errors. That could be a problem. Other than that, I have no idea. Sorry

The directory exists, BSP doesn’t.

That’s okay, thank you for still giving input. I appreciate the willingness to help.

EDIT: I changed the EP2 configurations to include the FGD and it seems to have no problems compiling.