The system could not find the file specified, and other errors

When I was trying to compile a map for the first time on my GMOD configuration, I got this error, and hammer failed to compile the map down to a .bsp, rendering it useless. Here is the Compile Process thing. Any help would be great. And if it’s a simple fix, or a dumbass screw up on my part, don’t flame it please.

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\gm_gae.vmf"
* Could not execute the command:
   "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe" -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\gm_gae.vmf"
* Windows gave the error message:
   "Access is denied."
** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod" -fast "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\gm_gae"
   "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe" -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod" -fast "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\gm_gae"
   "Access is denied."
** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\gm_gae"
   "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe"  -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\gm_gae"
   "Access is denied."
** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\fologi\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\gm_gae.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\gm_gae.bsp"
The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

Thanks in advanced!

Windows is not allowing vbsp.exe, vvis.exe, or vrad.exe to run. Are you using Windows 7?

You may need an admin to give you access to those folders/programs.

Ensure you are on an account with administrator privileges. Although…why wouldn’t someone be on that kind of account?

I am running windows vista ( I was actually about to post ‘Is it because of vista? XD’ but decided against it ) I am the administrator, or have equivilent privileges ( ‘We run a computer network between all the computers in the house’ ) And well, wtf is happening? First it was not letting me map CSTRIKE, then the configs for everything shit themselves and now this, HAMMER needs to stop being gay.

Ima turn off the "cancel or allow " things, and re-compile it

[editline]12:29PM[/editline]

Did not work D:

People still use vista? I thought most people either went xp or 7 when they realised how shitty vista is.

We only had Vista after there was a sale at Microsoft were employees could get it for cheaper, but, back on topic

I still like Vista, using it next to my Server 2008 R2 (64-bit 7 basically)

Vista was meant to be the operating system that would never blue screen. Mine blue screened about once a week, sometimes a few times a day if i pushed it too hard. On win 7, i can run world of warcraft at 40fps without it falling over.

That’s whilst running udk, xsi, gimp, firefox and itunes :slight_smile:

BSOD’s are typically related to the graphics card though. And if you get one, chances you were doing something it could not handle in the first place or driver malfunction…
I could do all of the same on Vista for the two years I used it primarily. On my laptop it actually runs better than Windows XP by far, even multitasking. (and it just barely reaches the requirements for Vista in the first place)

This went from the error, to Vista debates, turn it around pl0x

Try Valve Batch Compile Tool, or see if the compile EXE’s are read-only.